+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you all still considering starting this fall with AIP after the issue of someone receiving AIP then refused?

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Hi guys. I just want to hear some insights. For those who already have an AIP, are you all still considering to start this fall? Because two applicants have receive AIP yet got their refusal based on eligibility.

• Sad
Reactions: Capricorn11

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit.html#toc_3.2 . According to their 2-stage process, eligibility will be considered for 1st stage & 2nd stage CIC will look at ur admissibility: medical exams, police certificate (background check) & any specific change. The person - master from UWindsor - got rejected with eligibility reasons on 31 Aug despite of passing the first stage on 14 Aug. What A Joke, IRCC!!!!!

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Guys, it doesn't add up. They said AIP is for everyone who passed eligibility review and that's it, and he got refusal due to eligibility not wrong medicals, criminal history or anything related to second-stage process. So, it may be fake, I hope it's fake because I would feel sorry for the guy if this was really true. It could also be because IRCC is really all messed up with our applications though.

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
But IRRC also stated that in the second stage they will not only check biometrics medicals and police clearance, but also recheck the eligbility (authenticity of files etc.) No?

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
But IRRC also stated that in the second stage they will not only check biometrics medicals and police clearance, but also recheck the eligbility (authenticity of files etc.) No?
just checked here, they say they will only check any changes on eligibility as well as criminal records, medicals, etc.

Afrokk

Aug 16, 2020
To anyone who says they can't reject based on eligibility reasons after AIP: YOU'RE WRONG.

I received my AIP on 17 August, got refused on Eligibility reasons on September 03. It wasn't a glitch AIP or anything, I received it in the GCKey portal. After AIP, absolutely NOTHING about my application changed. I was going to start the Fall semester online, my medical was passed months ago (June 25) and I had submitted a complete application (biometrics done) too! No forged documents, nothing. Grades OK, course choice was also logical from my previous studies (BS CompSci from uWindsor). Still got rejected on eligibility basis. Now, it's been 21 days since I've ordered my GCMS notes and so far I haven't received them. Eager to know what their reasoning is.

Call this fake or whatever but that'd only be you giving false hope to yourself. I'm not being discouraging but saying they "can't" reject after AIP based on eligibility reason is not true at all.