+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, ??

PS072685

Jul 1, 2016
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

I am applying with my wife for visa and i have family memebers who are permanent residents in canada but i want to go with my wife and i am applying for her with me . so what is the answer yes or no .. please help me i will be very thankful tp you .. thanks with regards

Pritpal

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

PS072685 said:
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

I am applying with my wife for visa and i have family memebers who are permanent residents in canada but i want to go with my wife and i am applying for her with me . so what is the answer yes or no .. please help me i will be very thankful tp you .. thanks with regards

Pritpal
The answer is no, as your spouse doesn't have status in Canada nor is she coming as a PR.

PS072685

Jul 1, 2016
YEAH I KNOW BUT WHEN YOU CLICK ON HELP THEY ARE SHOWING LIKE IF YOU GUYS ARE STAYING WITH YOUR FAMILY CLICK YES I AM SO MUCH CONFUSED PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME FOR ME .. AND LET ME KNOW :/

Jan 28, 2019
Trinidad

I am applying for Student Permit and my mom will be accompanying me to get me settled.She has been approved for a Visitor Visa.I do have family in Canada who are Citizens of Canada.How do i answer this question?

Rohit Sharma 0999

May 20, 2019

I am applying for Student Visa online. my sister is already in Canada on study permit for past 2 years. My parents also have TRVs but they are not accompanying me to Canada. So , regarding my sister, Should I write YES or No in the question ?

Thanks,
Rohit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I am applying for Student Visa online. my sister is already in Canada on study permit for past 2 years. My parents also have TRVs but they are not accompanying me to Canada. So , regarding my sister, Should I write YES or No in the question ?

Thanks,
Rohit
No.

Rohit Sharma 0999

May 20, 2019
Thanks for replying. Can you please explain the reason, I am very confused about it, because the explanation on clicking it says that This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada or has been accepted as a visitor, worker or student.

Thanks again
Rohit

Rohit Sharma 0999

May 20, 2019
You are not moving to Canada with someone who is a PR or citizen.
Thats right but its a different question of whether you have a family member who is PR or citizen. The question about which I am asking in different from this - it asks if family member has status in Canada - either visitor, worker or student.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thats right but its a different question of whether you have a family member who is PR or citizen. The question about which I am asking in different from this - it asks if family member has status in Canada - either visitor, worker or student.
Family member in Canada usually is defined as spouse and children.

Rohit Sharma 0999

May 20, 2019
Family member in Canada usually is defined as spouse and children.
Yeah but in this case, if we do YES in that accompanying ( I did it just to check ) , Application asks to upload a proof of Relationship - they have written that you can upload inside pages of both passport showing the parents name, so that means it is applicable for brother and sister. Does anyone have personal experience about it ?

skakar

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah but in this case, if we do YES in that accompanying ( I did it just to check ) , Application asks to upload a proof of Relationship - they have written that you can upload inside pages of both passport showing the parents name, so that means it is applicable for brother and sister. Does anyone have personal experience about it ?

Did you get an answer to this. In the same situation.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Yes family member would typically mean direct relatives like parents, spouse, child, sibling.
In my case I am applying for BOWP and extending my dependent's study permit, we live already in Canada. He is accompanying me so should I answer yes or not to ( Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?)