+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

are we in problem ? if we don't have any wedding pictures or...

top2

Nov 18, 2008
hi every one
we know each other( me and my wife) more than 6 years she is in kenya i am in canada we have goodand strong relationship we get married 5 month ago in kenya when we get married just we went to religioncourt (Kadhi's Court) with two friend and we get our marriage certificate, now our problem is;
are we in trouble if we didn't make wedding or ceremony ? do i have to go back and make wedding to make cic officer happy? pls any advice thanks for now

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
No, you are not. I recommend you to write CIC a letter explaining why you didn't have a ceremony. Lots of people get married without pictures, cakes and all that stuff. Maybe you can ask your two friendes who accompanied you to also write a short letter confirming they were there (date and place).

top2

Nov 18, 2008
GK said:
No, you are not. I recommend you to write CIC a letter explaining why you didn't have a ceremony. Lots of people get married without pictures, cakes and all that stuff. Maybe you can ask your two friendes who accompanied you to also write a short letter confirming they were there (date and place).
thank you very much GK

Luiza

Nov 25, 2008
Brazil
I also didn't have a big wedding, it was only me, my husband, the judge, and two witness. In the forms they asked why we didn't have a formal ceremony (with family, friends, party, honeymoon, etc) and we explained we plan to do that later on, which is absolutely true.
I believe that the most important is to show the relationship is genuine, not a ostentatious wedding, since people can fake that.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Same for my wedding as well. City hall and two witnesses and my husband was just accepted to reside in Canada.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
Luiza said:
I also didn't have a big wedding, it was only me, my husband, the judge, and two witness. In the forms they asked why we didn't have a formal ceremony (with family, friends, party, honeymoon, etc) and we explained we plan to do that later on, which is absolutely true.
I believe that the most important is to show the relationship is genuine, not a ostentatious wedding, since people can fake that.
iam exaclty the same, i got married the same way and typed the same exact answers

M

med

the same applies to me no wedding pictures at all am applying now ; i have been told by my friends here that its gonna be ok ; anyway lets hope for the best

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Um.....we have wedding pictures, lots of them because my family wanted them. But with the exception of our waleema (like a wedding reception in Islam) we have no pictures at all and we were married 3 years ago. Both my husband and I hate having pictures taken. I might have had one that i took on my cell phone when we were in a restaurant waiting to be served (and he was getting pissed off!!) but that cell phone is gone. If i had known they would be asking pictures as proof---I guess we would have taken them. what stupid proof. anyone can fake that. I think I am in trouble because I was naiive enough to think that the proof was in the relationship itself.

top2

Nov 18, 2008
thank you guys your advice and your experience help us alot, i hope every body before she/he start sponsoring family they should visit this forum. they can get more than enough information
thanks again