+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are vaccinations free for a baby in Toronto on TRP?

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone, are routine vaccinations free for babies residing in Canada on a TRP?

My partner and I are planning a baby next year and we will have the birth in India. As we will need to sponsor the baby for PR, if we bring it to Canada on a TRP while the PR process is underway, I was wondering how would we go about the vaccinations and if they are free for a bay who is on a TRP. We live in Toronto and I understand OHIP won't activate for the baby until it receives PR or finishes 3 months of residing here.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hi everyone, are routine vaccinations free for babies residing in Canada on a TRP?

My partner and I are planning a baby next year and we will have the birth in India. As we will need to sponsor the baby for PR, if we bring it to Canada on a TRP while the PR process is underway, I was wondering how would we go about the vaccinations and if they are free for a bay who is on a TRP. We live in Toronto and I understand OHIP won't activate for the baby until it receives PR or finishes 3 months of residing here.

Please advise and thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure you will have to pay for vaccinations.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@mashulia_26 Thanks for your reply. Any idea how much do these routine vaccinations for an infant cost in Toronto?
You'd probably be best to ask a doctor and in advance plan to make sure your child can get.

Although different situation, I wanted to get flu vaccination in Canada years ago, it was free and widely available at all pharmacies. But as I wasn't resident, the pharmacy simply could not give me the shot on a paid basis - was only possible through OHIP for free.