+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are vaccination records required when landing as a PR?

ilikesushi

Feb 16, 2016
See this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp (under Health Documentation)

Is it mandatory to have vaccination records when landing? I'm not sure if I'll still be able to retrieve vaccination records anymore, as I live far away from the clinic where I had the vaccinations done.

And it doesn't say which vaccinations are needed. Was it an issue for anyone landing who didn't have vaccination records? I'm immigrating with my spouse, and we are both adults without children.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
See this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp (under Health Documentation)

Is it mandatory to have vaccination records when landing? I'm not sure if I'll still be able to retrieve vaccination records anymore, as I live far away from the clinic where I had the vaccinations done.

And it doesn't say which vaccinations are needed. Was it an issue for anyone landing who didn't have vaccination records? I'm immigrating with my spouse, and we are both adults without children.
Please read the link again. Vaccination records are NOT listed as required documents to enter Canada. You will only need vaccination records to enrol your kids in school.

This is what is described in that document.

ilikesushi

Feb 16, 2016
Please read the link again. Vaccination records are NOT listed as required documents to enter Canada. You will only need vaccination records to enrol your kids in school.

This is what is described in that document.
Thanks. Sorry, I got thrown off because it said "If you or your child hasn’t been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away." Also, in the very beginning (before the Essential Documents) section, it said that these were the documents we MUST have in order to be allowed into Canada - implying that ALL of the listed documents on the page were required (unless specifically stated), not just the "Essential Documents" section.

Sorry if I'm overcomplicating it, I'd feel better if anyone could confirm that they were able to enter Canada landing as a PR without having to show vaccination records.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks. Sorry, I got thrown off because it said "If you or your child hasn’t been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away." Also, in the very beginning (before the Essential Documents) section, it said that these were the documents we MUST have in order to be allowed into Canada - implying that ALL of the listed documents on the page were required (unless specifically stated), not just the "Essential Documents" section.

Sorry if I'm overcomplicating it, I'd feel better if anyone could confirm that they were able to enter Canada landing as a PR without having to show vaccination records.
1. To repeat again, the vaccination proof is not required for "landing" just your passport, COPR, proof of funds and goods to follow list.