+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are there any Caribbean students still waiting for study visa approvals?

rmalone2311

Oct 10, 2020
Hello all, short description below:
Applied: May 24th
Biometrics: September 15th
AIP: August 28th
No medical required.
Applied from The Bahamas.
School on the DLI list: Cambrian College (added November 3rd)
Deferred from Fall 2020 to Winter 2021.
Also applied for a SOWP for my fiancé.
Is there anyone else with a similar timeline or situation still waiting an approval? Feel free to respond to this thread as I am hoping to hear from you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavia

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
No medical required.
Is there anyone else with a similar timeline or situation still waiting an approval? Feel free to respond to this thread as I am hoping to hear from you guys.
Yeah we are still waiting. Did you apply for your sowp the same time as your SP?

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
No medical required.
Yup similar situation. Still waiting....

rmalone2311

Oct 10, 2020
I am trying to figure out when I should apply for my sowp for my spouse as I didn't apply for it. I'm not sure if they will be able to travel with me with just an eta
I’m not sure if it’s too late but I know usually most persons take one of two routes. Either you apply for the SOWP at the same time as the SDS. If not, once you are settled you can then apply for SOWP (in which I’m sure you want her to accompany you ahead of time).

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
I’m not sure if it’s too late but I know usually most persons take one of two routes. Either you apply for the SOWP at the same time as the SDS. If not, once you are settled you can then apply for SOWP (in which I’m sure you want her to accompany you ahead of time).
I'm uncertain because I do not want to have my eligibility to be reassessed as I already have AIP and my school will be on the list next week.

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Have you guys checked your IRCC account? I saw persons post where their status was updated, when I checked it was same for me

rmalone2311

Oct 10, 2020
I do see where it says ‘application/profile updated’ but I am unable to click ‘check full application status’. It’s keeps on loading. Are you able to access yours?

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
Not in the Caribbean but exact same thing in Europe, now I get an error 502. Too much excitement lol. Applied 17th of April, AIP August 13 btw

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
I do see where it says ‘application/profile updated’ but I am unable to click ‘check full application status’. It’s keeps on loading. Are you able to access yours?
I cant access "check full application status" either. Really hoping that we get something positive soon!