+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are students allowed to travel in Lufthansa Airlines?

yesindian

Dec 3, 2020
Hello fellow members,

I'm planning to travel to Canada in Lufthansa from Bangalore to Toronto/Montreal. I currently hold a Canadian study visa and I also have made the booking for the first week of January without knowing this now if I cancel it I'm gonna lose a lot of money.
I called Lufthansa and asked the same but they are saying Students are not allowed to travel in Lufthansa Airlines and they said only foreign passport holders can travel in their flight but I just want to re-confirm if anyone has recently travelled in Lufthansa to Canada being a PR or Student, I hope I will get answers from this forum.

Thank you.

P.S: Lufthansa is the only airline who doesn't allow students to travel in their flights, I have called almost all other airlines which operates in India like Air India, Air Canada, Qatar Airways. Only Lufthansa seems to not allow us :(

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Hello fellow members,

I'm planning to travel to Canada in Lufthansa from Bangalore to Toronto/Montreal. I currently hold a Canadian study visa and I also have made the booking for the first week of January without knowing this now if I cancel it I'm gonna lose a lot of money.
I called Lufthansa and asked the same but they are saying Students are not allowed to travel in Lufthansa Airlines and they said only foreign passport holders can travel in their flight but I just want to re-confirm if anyone has recently travelled in Lufthansa to Canada being a PR or Student, I hope I will get answers from this forum.

Thank you.

P.S: Lufthansa is the only airline who doesn't allow students to travel in their flights, I have called almost all other airlines which operates in India like Air India, Air Canada, Qatar Airways. Only Lufthansa seems to not allow us :(
well if lufthansa has said they won't allow they probably won't allow. even if someone has travelled, but if they told u no then its probably no...
but it is a stupid rule not allowing students to travel. but we can't do anything. no one to complain to.....

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
That doesn't make any sense. You are a foreign passport holder, no?
Maybe they are not allowing you to transit through Germany based on your citizenship?

yesindian

Dec 3, 2020
That doesn't make any sense. You are a foreign passport holder, no?
Maybe they are not allowing you to transit through Germany based on your citizenship?
I'm an Indian Passport Holder with a Canadian Study Visa.
This is what is mentioned in the eligibility criteria for travelers in Lufthansa's website:

"Travel is open for Indian as well as other nationals holding valid visas and all OCI cardholders holding passports issued by EU/Schengen Countries, South America or Africa and destined for any of these countries only. Spouses of those referred above can also travel, accompanied or otherwise."

I'm not sure if the Lufthansa Customer Executives have not updated themselves with the announcement of Canadian Gov. allowing international students to enter the country or whats going on... Students are really getting played in every corner after such a long wait of visa, now this.

Please let me know if anyone is traveling to Canada via Lufthansa.... or if anyone has traveled recently...
This airline has the best route to travel to Montreal with very short waiting time of 1 stop at FRANKFURT.
Thats why I dont wanna cancel this flight and lose the money + the route.

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
This is what is mentioned in the eligibility criteria for travelers in Lufthansa's website:

"Travel is open for Indian as well as other nationals holding valid visas and all OCI cardholders holding passports issued by EU/Schengen Countries, South America or Africa and destined for any of these countries only. Spouses of those referred above can also travel, accompanied or otherwise."

I'm not sure if the Lufthansa Customer Executives have not updated themselves with the announcement of Canadian Gov. allowing international students to enter the country or whats going on... Students are really getting played in every corner after such a long wait of visa, now this.

Please let me know if anyone is traveling to Canada via Lufthansa.... or if anyone has traveled recently...
This airline has the best route to travel to Montreal with very short waiting time of 1 stop at FRANKFURT.

were you able to fly?

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Hello fellow members,

Thank you.

Your current status ?

Cancan11

Dec 27, 2019
Hello fellow members,

Thank you.

Did you fly in Lufthansa??

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020

did you go? even i've booked it

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hello fellow members,

Thank you.

My son travelled to Vancouver by Lufthansa on 1st February 2021. He holds a PGWP and a W-1 category visa

Animesh15

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hello kind people of the forum, for the people who are able to travel, anyone having booked through Lufthansa? I traveled via Lufthansa booked through Air Canada in January without any hassle. A friend of mine booked via Lufthansa, so I’m looking for someone who successfully traveled to Canada via Lufthansa and booked through Lufthansa.