+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are original documents required at the time of oath?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
They required the originals of the police documents and i sent the original transcript. What am i supposed to do?
Don't worry about it. In practice, the officer only looks at the PR card, ID and passports for 99% of applicants during the interview, during which the originals are technically required, but they will stay in your briefcase.

And the oath is a formality in term of documents. Mine was a super quick ID check before they took my PR card. I suppose it's a simple ID verif on camera now before they ask you to cut the card during the oath zoom call.

Sep 1, 2020
Don't worry about it. In practice, the officer only looks at the PR card, ID and passports for 99% of applicants during the interview, during which the originals are technically required, but they will stay in your briefcase.

And the oath is a formality in term of documents. Mine was a super quick ID check before they took my PR card. I suppose it's a simple ID verif on camera now before they ask you to cut the card during the oath zoom call.
Awesome. Now I can wait in peace for another 8 months for the next update.