+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are my eligible to apply for NAFTA permit?

arrowfred

Jun 19, 2020
I am a us citizen, I have a 2 years social worker's experience working as an addiction Case manager in America. I own a bachelor's degree in economics education. I am seeking to apply for bc a NAFTA permit. Will I be allowed to be accompanied by my 3 minor kids living with their mother in Africa (my fiancee )

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a us citizen, I have a 2 years social worker's experience working as an addiction Case manager in America. I own a bachelor's degree in economics education. I am seeking to apply for bc a NAFTA permit. Will I be allowed to be accompanied by my 3 minor kids living with their mother in Africa (my fiancee )
I assume you already have a job offer in Canada under an occupation that falls on the NAFTA occupations list. You can try to have your minor children accompany you - but there are some complications. If they are U.S. citizens or green card holders, it should be relatively easy to have them come with you - although you will most likely have to wait until the essential travel ban has been lifted before you will be able to bring them to Canada. If they are not U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders, then they will have to apply for TRVs to come to Canada. If they need TRVs, it's a bit more difficult to say if the TRVs wil be approved or not.

Note that you'll need to apply for the work permit online. Work permit applications are not being processed at the border at this time due to COVID-19.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm not sure that your occupation is on the list of approved occupations for a NAFTA permit, i'm pretty sure it isn't actually if you're looking for a job in the field you're working in.