+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are my duties inline with NOC 2174? WP is on 2174

icy_cool

Feb 25, 2018
Hi All,

I got my ITA in the last draw. I am now starting to collect all the documents. I am currently working in Canada on Work permit under NOC code 2174. My primary duties actually match 2171 but my company got me under NOC 2174 and now I am working hard to define my duties so that they match with 2174. Below are the duties that I am planning to mention and get the letter from company. I can tweak a bit here and they and get the letter. Please let me know if you guys think this should be a good match for 2174 duties based on your experiences.

1. Discuss with the client to identify and document the requirements, conduct business and technical studies.
2. Maintain existing Certificate Services (PKI) application with zero downtime and providing high availability.
3. Develop and implement policies and procedures for the smooth functioning of the Certificate Services.
4. Analyze and advise to resolve complex problems involving various operational issues.
5. Plan, design, develop, modify, implement and integrate Certificate Services with other applications.
6. Lead a team of design professionals in development and integration of Certificate Services.
7. Oversee implementation of controls. Evaluate the controls post implementation. Document the changes and update in Policies and Procedures.

icy_cool

Feb 25, 2018
You duties doesn't have anything on programming. Not even close to 2174 in my opinion.
I know they are not. Unfortunately my company got me WP under 2174 and I have no background with programming. The job that I do is nothing to do with programming. That is why I am trying to write duties in such a way.

I m replacing 'software' with the word 'Certificate Services' and writing to align with the overall duties for 2174.

Can you provide any inputs on what I can do differently?

icy_cool

Feb 25, 2018
My WP has NOC 2174.

Can I apply for PR under a different NOC?

Work permit document does not have NOC code mentioned. However, I have a letter from my company where 2174 is mentioned and also that letter has that I am here till end of 2019. This statement I plan to use for showing that I have a job offer which is valid for 1 more year as I have selected Yes for job offer and got ITA.

Time is running out for me as I need to get all documentation done. If anyone can please provide me some insights it will help. Thanks.