+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are medicals required for non accompanying dependants?

raycrawford

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
I have been told be an Immigration Consultant that if you are sponsoring a spouse and her children are not accompanying that it is very important that they still get a medical done. Otherwise CIC will hold up the process and ask for their medicals?

Can any one tell me if this is true? Do they need to get medicals if not accompanying?

Regards,

Raymond.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, they do need to get medicals. If it is absolutely impossible for them to get medicals, such as the other parent having full custody and refusing medicals to be performed, if that could be documented beforehand, that may help but immigration will make it clear that if the kids do not get a medical, they can never be sponsored by her in the future.

silence

Aug 3, 2009
Dear Leon & All

What kind of document we need to say that it is impossible to get the medicals for the child as she lives in hometown with her father and we lives in uk and moreover my wife doesn't has the custody at all (it's not decided through court means we don't have any document as proof but it happened mutually)...her x-husband won't allow the child to go for the medicals in any condition...infect he doesn't know about our immigration to canada and i applied before my marriage and included my wife later on...

plz seniors advice in that situation what i'll do if CHC ask for medicals for the child...it's mentionable here that i mentioned child name as non accompany dependents when i include my wife with my application...

looking forward to ur kind response...

thanks in advance

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
If her ex doesn't even know you're emmigrating to Canada, then how do you know he wouldn't allow the child to go for medicals? It doesn't seem to me like you even asked. Maybe if you explained to him that it doesn't mean she has any claim on the children if they just take the medicals and offered to pay for them, he would be ok with it. Either way, in order to say it's impossible to do the medicals, you have to at least TRY to get them.

CIC has a stubbornly strict policy about this because if the child is not medically examined, then he or she can't be sponsored later on. What if the father dies and it comes down to your wife to take care of the child? She won't be able to sponsor them to Canada, so she might have to leave the country to take care of them.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree you should ask the father if a medical is ok. Maybe he will say yes or if he refuses, at least you have that. Then you write a letter to immigration stating that the father has full custody and refuses a medical and you realize this will prevent the children from being sponsored later. If you got anything in writing from the father, for example if his refusal was by mail or email, you can send that along. If there are any documents showing that the father has full custody, send that along as well.

silence

Aug 3, 2009
dear mitamata & leon

thank you very much for ur time to reply my post...I'll contact with him in every possible way...we mentioned about her so that we can sponsor her later on & for that we will do what ever we have to...

thanks again...I'll keep update the matter...

stay well

silence