+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are in-laws extended family?

silversox

Jan 17, 2019
Hi everybody: my brother and sister-in-law would like to visit under the new extended family rules. However, she would need to come on her own a few weeks after him. Question: do in-laws count as extended family members? IMM006 doesn't say explicitly one way or the other, so I'm wondering if anybody here knows?
Thanks!

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hi everybody: my brother and sister-in-law would like to visit under the new extended family rules. However, she would need to come on her own a few weeks after him. Question: do in-laws count as extended family members? IMM006 doesn't say explicitly one way or the other, so I'm wondering if anybody here knows?
Thanks!
They're not

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks!
When you refer to your in-laws most Canadians will assume you are talking about the parents of your spouse although I know it technically means the whole family

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
Thanks!
You should let your spouse( given theyre in canada) to apply on their behalf. Since the spouse and their siblings are immediate family.