+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are foreign nationals allowed to reunite with Temporary Workers?

Maria28

Sep 21, 2020
Hey everyone!

I have been looking over the irrc website in-depth and I can't seem to find the answer for this. I am on a Work permit (A foreign national) and I wanted to know if my parents (foreign nationals), who hold a valid visa can come and live with me or are allowed to cross the border (no discretionary purposes)? I know you have to contact IRCC through email but I wanted to make sure if this is allowed because I don't want them to get rejected.

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone!

I have been looking over the irrc website in-depth and I can't seem to find the answer for this. I am on a Work permit (A foreign national) and I wanted to know if my parents (foreign nationals), who hold a valid visa can come and live with me or are allowed to cross the border (no discretionary purposes)? I know you have to contact IRCC through email but I wanted to make sure if this is allowed because I don't want them to get rejected.

Thank you in advance.
They cannot come to Canada to live with you (this was true before the pandemic as well). The most they can do is visit.

See the information below regarding what your parents need to do in order to come to Canada temporarily as visitors right now. If they are coming from the U.S., they do not need a letter of authorization but will have to demosntrate their travel is essential. If they are coming from a country other than the U.S., they need written authorization from IRCC in order to board the plane and come to Canada. Details below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

Maria28

Sep 21, 2020
They cannot come to Canada to live with you (this was true before the pandemic as well). The most they can do is visit.

See the information below regarding what your parents need to do in order to come to Canada temporarily as visitors right now. If they are coming from the U.S., they do not need a letter of authorization but will have to demosntrate their travel is essential. If they are coming from a country other than the U.S., they need written authorization from IRCC in order to board the plane and come to Canada. Details below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary
Apologies, I meant can they come to visit me? Meaning they arent coming for tourism purposes but will their application be even considered as non discretionary?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Apologies, I meant can they come to visit me? Meaning they arent coming for tourism purposes but will their application be even considered as non discretionary?
See the information I've provided above.

They need to prove their reasons for visiting you are essential / non-discretionary.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I'm in a similar situation looking to reunite. I've read through that link
One example they give of "essential" visit is to live with spouse etc. But you mentioned above scylla that they cannot come to Canada to live with the foreign worker?
OP is looking to have parent visit. Parents are not allowed to live in Canada with their adult child who is in Canada under temporary status. They are only allowed to visit.

Oct 29, 2020
H
Hello, I'm in a similar situation looking to reunite. I've read through that link
One example they give of "essential" visit is to live with spouse etc. But you mentioned above scylla that they cannot come to Canada to live with the foreign worker?
Hi sorry to interfere but is living with spouse with a permanent resident status consider an essential?