+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are all express entry points Created equal ?

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
Hello friends
I was wondering if a person gets all the points required from the language test both French and English and gets eligible for express entry without a job offer and job experience and he score better points than a person with a job offer and job experience who has more chances of getting a PR ..Who is more prioritized

Did someone ever go that way ???
Is it common

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot be eligible under the CEC or FSW program without a year of skilled work experience.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you would need a year of full-time continuous work experience (or its equivalent in part-time) in order to qualify under the FSW program.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
and the job should be in NOC 0,A or B

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Yes, you would need a year of full-time continuous work experience (or its equivalent in part-time) in order to qualify under the FSW program.
mead said:
and the job should be in NOC 0,A or B
I have a computer science graduate so my job comes under NOC A ...?? But my only concern is that I have only 1 year of job experience...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Draws are done by the number of CRS points an applicant has (unless it is a specific draw as we saw for PNP only, but that is rare).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srikar138899 said:
Hello friends
I was wondering if a person gets all the points required from the language test both French and English and gets eligible for express entry without a job offer and job experience and he score better points than a person with a job offer and job experience who has more chances of getting a PR ..Who is more prioritized

Did someone ever go that way ???
Is it common
There is no priority between CEC stream and FSW stream. Unless there is specific draw that is assigned to just one type of applicants, then everybody who has at least required amount of the points is invited to apply.

When it comes to applications, again there is no prioritisation CEC (canadian experience) or FSW (without any or without any recent Canadian experience).

Then it is more up to your LVO and your documents and profile.
And yes, you can have candidate with perfect English, French, PhD and 3+ work experience which is less than 30 years old and which can beat others with job offer from Canada, Diploma from Canada or work experience from Canada (especially if they have lower language score or they are over 30 years).

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srikar138899 said:
I have a computer science graduate so my job comes under NOC A ...?? But my only concern is that I have only 1 year of job experience...
To qualify for FSW you need to have minimum 67 points in the FSW calculator. Normally 1 year work exp. is not enough to cross 67 you need at least 2 years.

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
vensak said:
There is no priority between CEC stream and FSW stream. Unless there is specific draw that is assigned to just one type of applicants, then everybody who has at least required amount of the points is invited to apply.

When it comes to applications, again there is no prioritisation CEC (canadian experience) or FSW (without any or without any recent Canadian experience).

Then it is more up to your LVO and your documents and profile.
And yes, you can have candidate with perfect English, French, PhD and 3+ work experience which is less than 30 years old and which can beat others with job offer from Canada, Diploma from Canada or work experience from Canada (especially if they have lower language score or they are over 30 years).
Again u mentioned 3 year work experience.
Suppose we have a person as u said perfect English perfect french score with a phd which would make him cross the 400 mark .. Will he nominated by On PNP without work experience?? If yes if would get another 600 points which would equal 1000 points out of 1200 which is more than enough

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
srikar138899 said:
Again u mentioned 3 year work experience.
Suppose we have a person as u said perfect English perfect french score with a phd which would make him cross the 400 mark .. Will he nominated by On PNP without work experience?? If yes if would get another 600 points which would equal 1000 points out of 1200 which is more than enough
Ontario PNP in Express Entry also requires work experience to qualify. You might be confusing it with the qualifications of the paper stream of Ontario PNP, which requires job offers for students without necessarily having work experience (they are students after all)...currently, this program is not included in Express Entry and thus cannot be used to gain 600 points.

Read about the different types of Ontario PNP: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/index.htm

Play around with this tool for the scoring:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp