+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Architectural Draftsperson

thegreatiam

Dec 30, 2013
Hello...i just submitted online CV's and RESUME but i do understand that it is holiday when i started or probably starting the holiday around december so i wasn't really expecting some good replies but automated emails only...

but if anyone can be a true testament that we as architects or assistant draftsperson were able to get work from online...can you please share your experience here please?...much appreciate it...thank you

Nov 6, 2013
In principle, online applcations are too many for each post and even very good resumes get lost. From my experience, the most effective method of getting job is going to HR of the company in person with your CV. This is very common in Canada. Or at least you can phone them once offices open again.
I never got any reply to my online applications.

thegreatiam said:
Hello...i just submitted online CV's and RESUME but i do understand that it is holiday when i started or probably starting the holiday around december so i wasn't really expecting some good replies but automated emails only...

but if anyone can be a true testament that we as architects or assistant draftsperson were able to get work from online...can you please share your experience here please?...much appreciate it...thank you

thegreatiam

Dec 30, 2013
i see...thanks a lot...but the thing is i am applying outside of canada...so now the challenge is if can i get inside or can i get referrals is my only hope...

but have you ever had manage to land a job already?can you share your experience please?...thank you

judging by your reply...what state did you tried applying and what do you think are my chances?...take care...happy new year...

Nov 6, 2013
In this case you can use phone to contact employers.
Yes, I am on my second job in Montreal now and I got both jobs by directly walking into the HR office of the company. However, both are call center jobs that have nothing to do with my education (PhD in Economics, UK). I never got any replies to my applications in my own field, except one interview that I had in Ontario for University lectureship.

Do you already hold a PR?

thegreatiam said:
i see...thanks a lot...but the thing is i am applying outside of canada...so now the challenge is if can i get inside or can i get referrals is my only hope...

but have you ever had manage to land a job already?can you share your experience please?...thank you

judging by your reply...what state did you tried applying and what do you think are my chances?...take care...happy new year...

thegreatiam

Dec 30, 2013
nope i do not own any canadian documents yet...

is it possible to apply for PR even if you never entered canada for once?...

Nov 6, 2013
You do not need to have entered Canada to get PR. The majority of immigrants to Canada see Canada for the first time when they land as PR.

thegreatiam said:
nope i do not own any canadian documents yet...

is it possible to apply for PR even if you never entered canada for once?...