+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC (Spousal Sponsorship for PR and ARC)

CANADAMEXICO

Mar 26, 2010
Please see my previous postings under "CANADAMEXICO" for background details.

So i believe the last update i gave, we had won our appeal of the ARC decline and the appeal board sent our case back to the embassy for processing.

A few months later, the embassy asked for updated application schedules (background, addresses, work history, etc.). We submitted.

THen they asked for a new RCMP Police Clearance...which raised a red flag because he was deported 5 years ago, we submitted an rcmp clearance 2 years ago and they were currently processing an ARC meaning he had not been granted permission to enter Canada since 5 years ago, why would they need a new certificate for a place he had not been granted entry to in 5 years. I asked the embassy, and sent them the scan of the document they had on file already. They refused to respond back to me.

I asked my local MP to do a ministerial inquiry and they did. The embassy responded "actually we don't need the new rcmp clearance afterall". (FYI, this document takes 4 whole months to obtain).

So they requested a document they didn't even need that would have held up our application another 4 months.

Then they requested an FBI Clearance (to the United States which he had never visited nor lived in), and updated police certificates from several Mexican states and a PGR Clearance. All of which you must present IN PERSON to obtain. And you cannot even get a PGR yourself, especially if you do not have military service. So this will take a long time. But nevertheless, i'm told after we submit it's just an updated medical and maybe some surprise document after that, who knows. But at least it's moving forward and at least he is "preapproved".

So all in all i'd say it is possible to obtain a Permanent Residence and ARC (pending the outcome of this final step).

morenikim

Jul 5, 2011
I have been following your case. sometime i have to laugh with what this people are doing to us. i am also in the process of appealing a refused ARC. SO FINGERS CROSSED AND THANKS FOR ALL THE TIPS. 8)

ella12

Aug 11, 2011
WOW... i went through CANADAMEXICO'S previous posts and what i read horrified me, my eyes are popping out and my mind is spinning...i'm GLAD that after her hard fought battle things are on the move and soon she will be able to have her husband home

Merenikim: could you please tell me which embassy you are dealing with and what was the reason for your ARC refusal? Do you remember how long it took your embassy to make the decision on the ARC? if so could you please share...my hubbie will need it...i just want to get some kind of an idea on how long the processing times for the ARC are...i'm sorry to hear about your refusal...hope your appeal date is near and wishing you guys POSITIVE RESULTS...keeping my fingers crossed! Going through an appeal must suck on many different levels but reading CANADAMEXICO'S post proves that everything is possible =)

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
CANADAMEXICO: They were supposed to know that. that's their job to review your file & check what were supposed to be requested or not. I guess they cannot apologize to you & just play silent that what they requested was just right in front of them. just hang on, your ARC was granted. I guess what else would they deny you for? some embassy request are just impossible. I mean you already been through hell & back...still they make it harder for you.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
You scared me , because I am going for ARC as well , and I had interview for PR and was approved last month, then they asked me to submit the ARC I did same week, then after that they asked me to redo medical, I did as well last month.

I send email for them to see what is going on , they said my file pending the Medical result , once they received they ll contact me shortly ....

So It may got refused the ARC I heard it is not hard but after i read ur story got scary...

I was in Canada as refugee and I got married there , they asked me to leave I did , I never disappeared from them and did what they always asked

and I can inter Canada next year with out ARC because I was deported for 2 years only,, But I am really stress over it now.

ella12

Aug 11, 2011
Yaya Marei: HI...if they asked you to re do your medical that is a good sign i think...cuz why would they waste all that time with the medical redo if they were going to deny you?...once the medicals are received you will get your PPR so i am thinking you are fine...i am a bit confused...because if you need an ARC you got deported...i don't think you can get deported for 2 years? i think the 2 year thing you are talking about is exclusion i think that's what its called...i dunno i'm a bit confused about your 2 year deportation...because from what i was reading a deportation is a lifetime ban...unless ARC is granted...and if you did not disappear why couldn't they issue a removal order then you wouldn't need ARC...and if you had an exclusion order which is a ban for a year or 2...i am not to sure what happened but if they asked you to re do medicals i think that is a good sign =) ...soon you should be hearing some news...i also heard the ARC is not hard when you are going through the spouse category but after reading a few threads i am beginning to have serious doubts..after reading other posts i came to the conclusion that about 4 out of 8 ARC applications get refused...so that would make the refusal rate at about 40%-50%...my facts are solely based on reading different threads...reading canadamexico's other post has shocked me,,,but there always seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel...

Yaya Marei: could i please ask you which embassy you are dealing with? i have heard that depending on the embassy you are going through the ARC times vary like from 1 month up to a year difference...yes guys this is true...some embassies give you an answer in a month where as others like Mexico make you wait up to a year...i think...lol well what i think doesn't matter...but it certainly isn't fair that someone in Brazil gets their ARC approved in about a month and then some other couple from Mexico has to wait for months up to a year later...well all of us innocent ppl all we have to do is just wait!...wait for a year!!!...if your case is complicated maybe 2!!!... and if you get denied that's another year which makes it 3!!!!... and if u win your appeal that's another 8 months until you both can be peacefully settled in Canada which has been your home forever and his or her home as well...

And in regards to lawyers...they are very beneficial 2 you at the beginning... when you have about 12 or 18 pages to fill out...and you are lost and you have no idea what to write or which section to fill out...so you pay big amounts of money and yes they help you...they save you lots of time and a lot of headaches filling out all this paperwork...but once the time passes...and they cash in their money, you begin to be less and less important to them because they have new ppl coming in.. new opportunities to make money..so they work on your case but it is not a priority to them anymore as it was at the beginning when they were so eager to fill out your application and help you...we do have a representative working with us...yes some stuff drags on... but if you read canadamexico's post...she submited about 5 pages for her hubbies ARC.. her lawyer scammed through all the pages and ONLY submitted 2/3rds of it if i remember correctly...and he kept on talking about appeal... how he is good at appeals...hmmm... makes me wonder...if you want to hire one go ahead...but let me tell you something.. no one will treat your application as importantly as you will... no one will make it a priority... only you can...

Yes reading all these ARC refusals does freak me out... but i know GOOD always wins over EVIL...some of us have to fight harder then others...but at the end...true love will prevail...none of us really wanna go through the appeal... its time and money consuming but if that is what it will take for us to be settled with our loved ones then what else can we do...i cannot believe that Canadian government would suggest for young vibrant working... tax paying... educated Canadians 2 leave and move into your spouses country meanwhile and i don't mean 2 disrespect anyone.. but meanwhile there are fraudulent applications coming in BEING APPROVED WITH no problems, no suffering.. no emotional drama or distress...there are ppl who makes tons of money getting ppl in...and it happens quick and easy and then there are ppl like canadamexico who had to go through hell and back to get her husband to be allowed back entrance...what happened to canadamexico was not fair and if we get denied our ARC i will fight as hard as her to get what I DESERVE =)

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
WOW!!!! I just read through all your posts, its absolutely unbelievable the hell that Immigration is putting you and your husband through!! I'm so sorry to read all of that. I hope things turn around for you both soon!!!

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Ella12: You are damn right! After my appeal was allowed in which as per my lawyer's associate that was only the service I paid for. I have to do it all by myself. I see my lawyer's office, clients come and go. I suggested to my husband that I will be the one who will send it & not use my lawyer as a representative and his mailing address after our appeal was allowed but he still insisted to use a lawyer. on the positive note, my lawyer won my appeal because as per reasoning & appeals he is really good. my lawyer signed that he will be the representative when we mailed out re-do medical, new pcc, updated documents without any fee asked. 2 weeks ago, when the visa office requested a new police clearance, I called my lawyer's office & his associate told me that I have to pay a fee for them to be incharge of it again. No way, my husband & I did it on our own. my lawyer's associate suggested that they will cc me when they respond to the email of the visa office requesting for a new pcc since we already submitted that last April 2011. did I received the email that they promise me for? no. so, as far as I am concerned, after you pay the fee your application considered finish for them, either approve or not. My suggestion is to find a lawyer that you only have to pay half of the fee upon initial submission, the final fee will be paid once your visa is approved otherwise you don't need to pay the balance once visa is rejected but I have yet to know a lawyer who agrees with this condition.

Also, when my husband applied for PRRA (in which I later knew that probably 10% of those approved), we submitted a positive reason for him to stay, like showing that he filed income tax annually, we have a child together(2yo that time), we have a house, letters from neighbours and all of them, they overturned them to negative. the immigration officers reason as per listed on the reason & decision letter are, 1. I can live in Hungary together with my husband.2. if I won't, My son & I can still communicate to him via skpe & email. 3. Why would he bought a house when he knew that he's not permanent here yet. even my hubands in demand job, still they can find a negative reason for it.

Hopefully what you wrote is right. Good overcomes evil. As for me, My husband & I have yet to find it ourselves.....

In my heart, I will be smiling here when CanadaMexico will get his visa & to all other genuine couples who overcomes this immigration ordeal.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Please be advised that the file's finalization is still pending the Medical tests results, once we receive satisfactory results we will be able to finalize your application. Please be patient and we will contact you shortly

this is what I got 14 days a go when I send them email ask about my file, they did not mention anything about My ARC

ella12

Aug 11, 2011
Yaya Marei: i got your message but for some reason it doesn't let me reply to private messages...i tried but it's not letting me...i have no idea how to send PMs on here...LOL you are funny, your message made me laugh a little...relax =)...it is not written in stone that after 3 weeks your medicals Have to be received...sometimes it can take longer...maybe your doctor didn't send the medical right away maybe he/she took some time and send ur meds like a few days or a week later...don't contact the embassy again just wait,,,you have been waiting for a long time so another month or so will feel like a week...the embassy will contact you soon, once they have your medical which they probably have by now or will receive any day now...they will move onto the ARC decision...or maybe they have your ARC decision by now and are just waiting for the medicals to finish off your file...the reason and the way you were send back home...the story doesn't make sense to me but that's not important to me...i am only focused on your ARC...i'm sure everything is FINE and soon you will hear some good news =)...who knows you could receive some news this week coming up or in 1 month or 2 months...BE patient a little bit more and please let me know when you get your PPR =)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ella12 said:
i got your message but for some reason it doesn't let me reply to private messages...i tried but it's not letting me...
You need 20 posts.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
I got my Visa Elle lolololo :) very happy

H

humpakwatan

You can probably go for a lawsuit for this and get paid back for the troubles!

ella12

Aug 11, 2011
Yaya Marei: YAYYYY Yaya..CONGRATULATIONS!!! = )... I TOLD YOU IT WAS COMING SOON...=) ...you see they were just waiting for your medicals and BOOM you GOT it! you see,,, all this worrying on your part and everything turned out FANTASTIC...Have a Happy Landing, Wishing you and your wife all the best on your new stable road =)...TURQUOISE is next and then a few months after her it will be me =)

Humpakwatan: i don't think a lawsuit can be made...and even if someone wanted to waste their time and money it would be impossible... who will you sue? maybe a complaint could work...i don't know...some peoples journeys are easier then others... some take more time then others by a magnificent difference in time...some have no obstacles at all and others have tons of them...it all depends on a lot of different things, many factors go into this process starting from the very applicants, the V/O's working on their cases...locations of their embassies...ect. ect. i think once reunited and settled back home we will forget all about this and we'll move on with our lives..for now just climb over your obstacles and keep on moving forward...Everybody's time will come... sOOner or Later =)