+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP Sponsorship, ARC requested?

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hey guys I just have a quick question as we received an email today from our local VO office. The email basically consists of asking us to pay my ARC fee since we had lived in Canada previously under refugee status.

My mother applied for a visitors visa about 2 years ago and paid her ARC fee and was granted the visa to visit.

The main applicant is my mother and I am her dependent. We applied for PR sponsorship through my older brother back in May 2018 and since have submitted medical tests back in November & received pre arrival at the same time. Since then we have been in background check, yesterday we received an email requesting that we pay MY ARC fee.

Does anyone have any idea if this means we are nearing the end of our process or any additional information?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys I just have a quick question as we received an email today from our local VO office. The email basically consists of asking us to pay my ARC fee since we had lived in Canada previously under refugee status.

My mother applied for a visitors visa about 2 years ago and paid her ARC fee and was granted the visa to visit.

The main applicant is my mother and I am her dependent. We applied for PR sponsorship through my older brother back in May 2018 and since have submitted medical tests back in November & received pre arrival at the same time. Since then we have been in background check, yesterday we received an email requesting that we pay MY ARC fee.

Does anyone have any idea if this means we are nearing the end of our process or any additional information?
Yes - this should mean you are getting close to the end of the process. However it can take a number of months for an ARC to be processed so you most likely still have some time to wait before the application is finalized.

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Yes - this should mean you are getting close to the end of the process. However it can take a number of months for an ARC to be processed so you most likely still have some time to wait before the application is finalized.
Thank you! Would you know that if it also signals the end of our background check or are they independent from each other?