Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
PLease share your ARC story/timeline/country....It will help others in the future who like you, are looking for answers....

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Hey guys! :D

Alright my case is so complicated so be warned :p

I'm Mexican. What happened is that my father took my family and I to Canada quite a few years ago (I was 17 at the time) we applied for refugee status, it got denied,applied for humanitarian reasons and got denied as well, after this we decided to leave before applying for the PRRA. I was an adult when we left. We paid for our own tickets, they gave us a certificate of departure that becomes a deportation order or something like that (??) It is to note that while all this happened I met my (now) wife in high school, a pretty normal relationship, that developed into what we have now, she came to Mexico, we got married here and we applied for outland sponsorship, I wasn't really sure if I needed an ARC, so here's the tricky part, I emailed the Canadian embassy here in Mexico asking them whether I needed an ARC or not (since I entered as a minor and left as an adult, the website says that accompanying members of refugees do not need an ARC) and they took quite a while to reply, in the meanwhile I tried to travel to Canada, and THEY DIDN'T LET ME IN :( they said I did need an ARC so I spent the night at a holding centre and the next day I was back in Mexico, this all happened before I had gotten married and before we had submitted the application. So then I get the response from CIC Mexico saying that I DO NOT need an ARC, but that there is an error in the system and that they're trying to fix it. So I leave it at that. then I submit my application for PR in Sept 09, I email them again to see how the error is going, and they told me that I do need an ARC but "due to the inconvenience" they wouldn't charge me for it! pffffft! That's just ridiculous, and I really don't know what's going on :S First they tell me I don't need one and then they say I do but they won't charge me! like I don't understand what's going on.

Anyways I have my interview a week from now (March 23rd) so I'm bringing the emails that mention I didn't need one.

Another thing that I find strange, they still haven't requested for my National police records (I mailed in my state police records, and I had never lived in another state before, so maybe that's why, Don't know) and they also told me to bring my passport with me. So I'm really confused, what do you guys think?

I really don't want to have to get an ARC because processing time for Mexico is 9 - 12 months, and I want to be with my wife ASAP :(

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there,

Ok, the sad thing ... your story isn't complicated at all. Maybe to the normal sponsorship peeps out there ... not for sassy and I! lol.

My husband was brought to Canada with his mom (at 13), him and I met at 18 (high school) and had our daughter, his mom died (at 19) and he sayed until he was removed in 1999. He re-entered illegally and then was removed again in 2009. So needless to say, we feel your pain and know that life isn't always about the choices you make .. sometimes they are made for you.

Anyhow back to you. I think you're going through the first interview with a Immigration officer (the same interview my husband had Feb 24th). He brought his passport which they didn't keep. They asked him a few questions about me and our daughter - and the circumstances around why he was in canada illegally ... why we applied for refugee status and H&C (but not spousal ... and BTW it was because he had a minor charge/conviction). She said as long as his background checks were clear, he should be a-ok. She gave him a slip of paper and he had to go get a bank draft (sounds like you'll skip that part). She said that she expected to make a recommendation to the people who approve/deny the pardon's in a few months and that he just needed to be patient.

I would definately ask them at the interview when they'll need to police records. We submitted ours (I think) at the time of the application along withi his Pardon.
The other thing we found out is that he also had to pay a RPRF (Right of Permanent Residency Fee). Our lawyer told us not to submit with the application because they will request it before processing - but we later found out that this would only delay the processing so we went ahead and paid it.

I hate to tell you - but I think you absolutely will need an ARC. Both Sassy's hubby and mine entered as minors and left as adults - but an ARC was the only option. Just keep your chin up and ensure you ask the IO at your interview how long she/he feels it will take to process.
There are a few others on the board that need an ARC - so we should keep in touch with each other as it will help to understand the process and timing.

Good luck and you'll be "homesoon"

:D

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Thanks for the reply!

You're right I'm thinking I might need one as well, BUT since they had told me at first that I didn't, I will stick to that, show the emails and hopefully the officer can do something about it. It's not fair that because they don't know what's going on, they give you hopes and make false assumptions, totally unprofessional IMO, and then if I have no other choice, then I will tell them how they also told me that I wouldn't have to pay for it (also have the emails for that). Hopefully I get something out of it.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in my case has already been paid. I paid it when I first submitted my application. So your husband already applied for the ARC? from Which country is he applying and what's the timeframe? Mexico's is 9 - 12 months, and I've read their manuals, they are encouraged to deny it just to make you "learn the rules" just so you waste more time applying for an appeal after that, so in my case for an ARC I'm looking at around 15 months or more =/

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

My husband has already applied through Jamaica. Funny though, he didn't need to submit a letter. The lady IO just asked him to hand in his fees and she's submitting the recommendation (I guess that is why they had the interview).
As for denying - I've never heard that they encourage that to teach lessons. what is documented is that ARC's are becomming more and more difficult to get. It use to be that you paid your fees and were almost always approved if everything else in your application was fine.
The online cic.gc.ca documentation (manuals for the IO's) clearly state that if circumstances have changed and there's a compelling reason (like family/children/spouses) - that the cases are to all be considered fairly. Now, if someone needed an ARC because they over-stayed on a work visa and are requesting another work visa ... well good luck to that person - they'll never get an ARC in my opinion.

We submitted his fees for ARC on Feb 24th (same day as interview). She told him 2 months .. which seems to quick in my opinion. It really depends on the background checks too.

Question - when you say mexico is 9-12 months. Is that the regular sponsorship timelines? Jamaica is something like 7-14 months. But ARC should add time onto that as it's another step. Sassy is close to 14 months now I believe.

Good call about bringing all your documentation. Hopefully - if nothing more - they might prioritize? who knows right.
I think the one thing I've learnt through this process - every country - every IO - every process ... is different :(
They have "general" guidelines.

So an example from us when you talk about unfair - we know for sure that we paid for my husbands ticket home in 1999. They say he didn't. We can argue but it will just delay everything - so we had to pay an additional $1500. Ces't la vie!

One thing I have done is order our CAIPS notes again to see what the officer comments on after the interview. I am thinking we should receive these near the end of April.

I guess all we can do is remain hopeful. Thanks so much for sharing and let's keep each other updated on any advancements.

homesoon

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Hey there.

9 - 12 months is the time it takes to get an ARC, that is on top of the sponsorship time which I believe is like 6 - 10 months or so. I got my interview within the 4th month, so I consider that good, but still, I don't know what's going to happen, as you said, every embassy is different, and the one here in Mexico City is famous for being extra picky and too strict, we'll see how it goes, here's an interesting article though :)

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Canada/Articles/Visas-Permits/ARC-Authorization-to-Return-to-Canada

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hi Edgarsitow,

How far are you into the process? How many months? your wife is sponsoring you?
One of our girls from the jamaica thread's husband just got approved for the ARC.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Hey sassy75 :)

We mailed our application in September, it arrived at CIC Mississauga on Sept.24
Approved Sponsorship on October 16th and mailed to Mexico City.
Arrived in Mexico City on November 6. Requested Original certificate of departure and refugee decision sheets. Mailed them two weeks after that.
Interview on March 23 :)

LOUIE_1981

Mar 10, 2010
hi, and no you guys are not the only people needing ARC....lol in my situation i am in the process but have some questions, i know my wife need an ARC because she was asked to leave didnt leave, met me, long story short went to immigration and we left canada together, we have been away 3 years, and we had a child in spain but is canadian has her card and passaport.

my question is that is that enough time for her ARC to be pardoned? thanks for the info guys every little helps best of luck ;D

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Hello Louie!

An ARC can't get "pardoned". If you need one you will have to get it no matter what, the only exception is if she got an "Exclusion Order" instead, which bars you from Canada only from a certain period of time (Usually two years).

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request