+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC - Authorization to return to Canada- plz help

doradora

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Everyboby,

I am new in this forum and I have a question regarding ARC .Here is my situation.
My refugee case was denied in 2008, i missed my removal risk assesment which also failed. My husband married to me in 2011, my baby was born in 2012 ,Toronto . I went to CBSA voluntarily and left Cananda 2012 Dec. My Husband is sponsoring me right now. The departure order turns into deportation order so i need an ARC for sure . .
My baby follow me back my contury . My hushand miss baby lots. He is very busy no time to see us until christmas time. My question is

1. How long it will take processing of my application?
App. Filed..........2-19-2013
AOR Received.....4-16-2013

2. During my Family sponsorship Case can i also apply a visitor visa to entre Cananda ?
Thx

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
I am not sure who your VO office is but the time lines are posted on the CIC website as per country but i can almost say that you will be the full time posted as your application has alot more then a basic application. My hubby was denied refugee also and had to return home and so far I am at the 14 month timeline and my VO is around 18 months to process. They have to do extra checks for the background because you have been in Canada before and you will be asked to do an ARC before they let you back into Canada. I can almost guarantee they won't approve you for a temp visa as you have already proven that you won't return to your country so you will be denied. My advice is to sit and wait and the time does actually go quickly, it does not feel like 14 months ago that I put my app in :)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
My spouse was denied refugee too.

They will ask for your arc at the very end of the process, its always the last thing.

And you wont be approved for a visa because u would need the arc and they wont allow u to apply for the arc untill they are ready to ask u for it.

Unfortunatly it will be a bit of a wait.

We have been in process for 15 months now. And are waiting for our arc approval.

doradora

Apr 20, 2013
chickie72 said:
I am not sure who your VO office is but the time lines are posted on the CIC website as per country but i can almost say that you will be the full time posted as your application has alot more then a basic application. My hubby was denied refugee also and had to return home and so far I am at the 14 month timeline and my VO is around 18 months to process. They have to do extra checks for the background because you have been in Canada before and you will be asked to do an ARC before they let you back into Canada. I can almost guarantee they won't approve you for a temp visa as you have already proven that you won't return to your country so you will be denied. My advice is to sit and wait and the time does actually go quickly, it does not feel like 14 months ago that I put my app in :)
Thanks ur advice. Just check my VO is around 13 months. wow..... can't imagine we will separate that long! Did u go with ur hubby return?

doradora

Apr 20, 2013
LeisaP said:
My spouse was denied refugee too.

They will ask for your arc at the very end of the process, its always the last thing.

And you wont be approved for a visa because u would need the arc and they wont allow u to apply for the arc untill they are ready to ask u for it.

Unfortunatly it will be a bit of a wait.

We have been in process for 15 months now. And are waiting for our arc approval.
ARC usually every people can pass or not ?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
doradora said:
Thanks ur advice. Just check my VO is around 13 months. wow..... can't imagine we will separate that long! Did u go with ur hubby return?
I didn't go back with my husband when he returned but I have been there twice since he went home. This process is really hard and very long but the light at the end of the tunnel is that it has to end and you two will finally be together! That is what keeps me going everyday.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
doradora said:
ARC usually every people can pass or not ?
do u mean everyone will get approved?

generally for family class sponsorship the arc approval rate is very high. unless u have some sort of underlying problem like a criminality or something security related.

doradora

Apr 20, 2013
hi Leisa,

Congratulations to you. Ur hubby loading Cananda. Cheesy!!!!!!! :)
I receive an emailing requested documents.
> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document.
> ARC request letter.
> police certificate.

My qeustion is why they need passort right now?
thx

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
doradora said:
hi Leisa,

Congratulations to you. Ur hubby loading Cananda. Cheesy!!!!!!! :)
I receive an emailing requested documents.
> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document.
> ARC request letter.
> police certificate.

My qeustion is why they need passort right now?
thx
Thanks!!
some visa offices ask for the passport at different times in the application, ours was at the end but some ask for it at the beginning and hold it until they approve your application.

If they asked for your arc and police certificates all at once this is good!!

A lot of Visa offices ask for everything separately and it makes the process much longer!

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Hello everyone.

Here is my timeline:

- We started ___________ application for permanent residence on March, 2013
- We started processing ________________ application on July, 2013
- Medical results have been received.

Now the visa office is requesting me to send the ARC fee. My questions are:

I am a not visa exempt.

1) Am I required to fill and submit a TRV while my VO has only requested the ARC and its fee thru spousal Sponsorship?
2) Since the Spousal Sponsorship application is at the VO, does the TRV application go together with the ARC application?

Basically I want to know if I am required to do a TRV when the VO has not requested it in any correspondence letters.

Thanks in advance.

Cbn Cdn

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Cbn Cdn said:
Hello everyone.

Here is my timeline:

- We started ___________ application for permanent residence on March, 2013
- We started processing ________________ application on July, 2013
- Medical results have been received.

Now the visa office is requesting me to send the ARC fee. My questions are:

I am a not visa exempt.

1) Am I required to fill and submit a TRV while my VO has only requested the ARC and its fee thru spousal Sponsorship?
2) Since the Spousal Sponsorship application is at the VO, does the TRV application go together with the ARC application?

Basically I want to know if I am required to do a TRV when the VO has not requested it in any correspondence letters.

Thanks in advance.

Cbn Cdn
Hey there, I am not sure why you think you need a TRV? Just pay the $400 ARC fee, that is all you need to do.Did they ask you to send in a letter also? Some people had to do a letter, my husband was just asked to pay the fee!

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
chickie72 said:
Hey there, I am not sure why you think you need a TRV? Just pay the $400 ARC fee, that is all you need to do.Did they ask you to send in a letter also? Some people had to do a letter, my husband was just asked to pay the fee!
Hi Chickie, this is the Email from VO:

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

UCI #:

•Application for ARC and the processing fee (see attached letter). This must be received at this office by: ######

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian Embassy at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Canadian Embassy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sr.

This refers to your application for a permanent resident visa.
Should you decide to apply for authorization to return to Canada, you must indicate why special considerations apply in your case and pay a processing fee of CAN$400.00.
In addition, an interview may be required to assess your request. Please note, there is no guarantee your application for authorization to return to Canada will be approved.
Fees are payable in Euro or Canadian dollars. Payment must be in the form of a bank draft or certified cheque. Cash is not accepted for fee payment. The bank draft or certified cheque should be made for the exact amount and payable to "Canadian Embassy" if paying in Euro or "The Receiver General for Canada" if paying in Canadian funds payable at Rome.
You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit your request for authorization to return to Canada along with the processing fee. If you choose not to apply for authorization to return to Canada, your application for a permanent resident visa will be assessed on the basis of the available information.
Please indicate your file number in any correspondence with this office.
Sincerely,
Visa/Immigration Office
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks again.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
@ Cbn Cdn - i pm'd you with an answer!

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
chickie72 said:
@ Cbn Cdn - i pm'd you with an answer!
Thank you Chickie for your prompt response.

My wife and I will send a letter plus $400 to the VO ASAP.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Good Luck, ours went in last Monday so I hope we hear something back soon from our VO