+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April work permit application pretoria

katoma

Aug 15, 2016
Hello,
Please share your time line for April,work permit application
At pretoria.I did apply on line on 13 April,2016 and did upfront medicals.there ve been no news since then :'(.really frustrating.

Squire

Sep 27, 2016
Did you receive anything yet?

I applied on 5th August and am still waiting...

...I feel your frustration. Hang in there :'(

katoma

Aug 15, 2016
I can relate to your situation.God moved in.I arrived yesterday in Vancouver around 10pm.i was approved on 13 September.Dont give up.

Squire

Sep 27, 2016
Firstly, congratulations!! ;D

Basically 22 weeks for them to process you - wow, I cannot fathom that amount of time!

I have a few questions if that's ok:
1. Did you submit Police Clearance at the time of the application online?
2. If/When did you receive the request for the Police Clearance?
3. When did they request your passports?
4. How long was it before you received your passports back

...Lastly, did you ever visit the Pretoria CHC for questions as your time to process is severely over the projected time on the CIC website.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

katoma

Aug 15, 2016
I submitted with police Clearance.Then upfront mrdicals a month later.i received the request on 13th.courried the passport on 14th and it was ready for colletion on tuesday the following week.i was actually planning to go to CHC when i received the good news

Squire

Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for the info.

I am currently using an Immigration Law Firm that handled everything since my LMIA.

I had done the medicals prior to the application and they have thus been flagged on my CIC profile as 'Passed'. I didn't send through the Police Clearance as the Law Firm did not request. I had it ready however, I have since had it reissued on the 9th Sept incase the original expired which would have been end of Oct.

I am just hoping I hear news soon :eek:

I forgot to mention I already have a multiple entry visa valid for 10 years and have been to Toronto twice last year...hope that's a +1

katoma

Aug 15, 2016
I also used a law firm.its quicker to hve your police clearance added to to your application than wait for the rrequest.i was told .

Squire

Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for the info katoma - I wish you all the best in Canada.

I will update this thread as my application progresses 8)