+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April TRV Paper Applicants

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Has anyone received the decision post April? I applied on 19th April from Mumbai still no reply. Could you all pls share your experiences?

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Looks like IRCC is very slow in processing. You have not yet even finished 21 business days for processing.
I know I haven't finished 21 business days of processing and that's the reason I am asking others for their experiences in case if there are people who have applied before and have recd the decision.

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
I know I haven't finished 21 business days of processing and that's the reason I am asking others for their experiences in case if there are people who have applied before and have recd the decision.
And one more thing it's 21 calandar days. No where in the cic website it's mentioned business days. Correct me if I am wrong.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
I have seen 1-2 cases where someone received PPR request. I will post it if I find the thread they were in.

toluvi

May 1, 2017
Hi dear

Forget about 21 processing days. My uncle applied new delhi on march 3, 2017 paper based and still no update and no reply. Already sent 3 times CSE email no update. May be they lost his application . CSE only responded saying high volume of applications leading delay. That is authomatic email respond
Not tired n frustrated so we gave up.
Do they not atleast email you if your isa is refused.?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi dear
Forget about 21 processing days. My uncle applied new delhi on march 3, 2017 paper based and still no update and no reply. Already sent 3 times CSE email no update. May be they lost his application . CSE only responded saying high volume of applications leading delay. That is authomatic email respond
The 21 days that you see on the IRCC website is only an estimated processing time. It is not a guaranteed time within which TRVs will be processed.

Sending repeated CSEs will not help. One CSE was good enough, and it could take between 10-30 days to get a reply.

You can be sure that the visa office has NOT lost your uncle's visa application.

Do they not atleast email you if your isa is refused.?
As your uncle submitted a paper application, the visa office will return his passport with a refusal letter (not email) if he is refused. Hopefully, this won't be the case

Last edited:

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
The 21 days that you see on the IRCC website is only an estimated processing time. It is not a guaranteed time within which TRVs will be processed.

Sending repeated CSEs will not help. One CSE was good enough, and it could take between 10-30 days to get a reply.

You can be sure that the visa office has NOT lost your uncle's visa application.

As your uncle submitted a paper application, the visa office will return his passport with a refusal letter (not email) if he is refused. Hopefully, this won't be the case
If it would have been an online application its understandable but as it's a paper based, retaining one's passport for so long is justified? Why don't out govt officials intervene to strengthen the visa process? Even the US has a far better system.

Amy2010

May 7, 2017
Has anyone received the decision post April? I applied on 19th April from Mumbai still no reply. Could you all pls share your experiences?
Applied 17 April paper application from Dubai VAC still under processing in Visa office -Abudhabi

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Hi Bryanna
I had a word with my travel agent who has filed the paper based application for me. I asked him that why didn't he apply for can+ category when I was eligible for the same. He said it's not required to mention when the visa is filed through VFS. They check the application thoroughly themselves and categorise it accordingly for can+. is it true? This is only the case for paper applications through VFS only? Does this make sense?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna
I had a word with my travel agent who has filed the paper based application for me. I asked him that why didn't he apply for can+ category when I was eligible for the same. He said it's not required to mention when the visa is filed through VFS. They check the application thoroughly themselves and categorise it accordingly for can+. is it true? This is only the case for paper applications through VFS only? Does this make sense?
That's true to some extent.

But, I wouldn't entirely depend on VFS staff to categorize it as CAN+. You must also state this in a cover letter + scan the entry/exit stamps/visa for the US and/or Canada.

If your travel agent had requested for CAN+ processing in your case, you most probably would have got a TRV decision by end-April/May Week 1

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
That's true to some extent.

But, I wouldn't entirely depend on VFS staff to categorize it as CAN+. You must also state this in a cover letter + scan the entry/exit stamps/visa for the US and/or Canada.

If your travel agent had requested for CAN+ processing in your case, you most probably would have got a TRV decision by end-April/May Week 1

Thats what I think. The VFS would not have checked my US visa and the entry exist stamp as its in my old passport though all the passports are attached with the new passport. applied on 19th April. When do you think I should send a case specific request. What are the Bangalore mail ids? As I do not want to tell my representative to send a mail. What should I mention in the mail? I only have my VFS tracking code? Would be great if you can help me with this Bryanna.

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
I applied online on 17th and was showing submitted on 18th Apr, got passport request today, I have confirmed ticket for Monday ... and submitting passport in delhi directly ... will CIC accept passport or I have to go thr VFS only.

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Guys !! My status today has changed to
Your Passport Status

"Visa application, tracking ID No. Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office BANGALORE, on 11/05/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

What does this mean? Is it yes or no? My travel agent said that the decision can only be known once the passport is recd tommorrow. Is it true?

As my travel agent has applied cant he see the decision in his cic a/c?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Guys !! My status today has changed to
Your Passport Status

"Visa application, tracking ID No. Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office BANGALORE, on 11/05/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

What does this mean? Is it yes or no? My travel agent said that the decision can only be known once the passport is recd tommorrow. Is it true?

As my travel agent has applied cant he see the decision in his cic a/c?
There's no way of knowing until you get the passports back tomorrow.

If your travel agent has applied online/linked the paper applications then he would know in the 'Final decision' update