+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April applicants ( Non SDS) for Fall 2021 intake. Please gather here

berkancam

Aug 14, 2019
Yeah my TRV is still valid till 2023. However, the IRCC has requested for my passport. I guess they will stamp a new study visa.
yes they will stamp another one. i also have a valid trv. do you have any idea if holding a valid trv increases the chance of getting the study permit?

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
yes they will stamp another one. i also have a valid trv. do you have any idea if holding a valid trv increases the chance of getting the study permit?
I do not know for sure, but as we can see - if you have been approved a TRV and have travelled to Canada in the past and left within your authorized period of stay, it definitely seems like a positive factor on your application. Its pretty evident that you're not trying to misuse the eligibility of TRV if you entered Canada and left on time.

berkancam

Aug 14, 2019
I do not know for sure, but as we can see - if you have been approved a TRV and have travelled to Canada in the past and left within your authorized period of stay, it definitely seems like a positive factor on your application. Its pretty evident that you're not trying to misuse the eligibility of TRV if you entered Canada and left on time.
And in my opinion it wouldn’t make sense to tell an applicant that “I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay...” if the applicant is already able to visit canada as a visitor and visited previously without overstaying. Let’s see. Thank you for your kind reply!

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
I am on the exact same boat with my old TRV expiring in 2024. Did you also apply for TRV again when you applied this time?

Slimshady2000

Apr 2, 2021
Hi all, my husband submitted his app on April 7, and his eligibility said "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" since the beginning. On Thursday, it changed to "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Then on Friday it changed back to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

What does this mean? Has our eligibility started? When should we expect a response? We have already had about 4 ghost updates.

Amirpouyan87

Nov 4, 2019
Guys
anyone know what would be the start date for Study permit ?
i recently got my PPR and send my Passport for visa pick up ,
i need to book flight as early as possible since prices are increasing ,
but i don't know what would be the start day of study permit.
guys
please help me

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
I know for a fact that when you apply for a study permit you do not need to apply for a TRV separately.
Oh Okay, But there was this additional form IMM5257_b which asks for some information. I have been freaking out because I did not fill that thinking that as I already have a valid TRV, i do not need to reapply for a TRV. Anyways, I sent that form via webform just to ensure that nothing is incomplete from my end.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Oh Okay, But there was this additional form IMM5257_b which asks for some information. I have been freaking out because I did not fill that thinking that as I already have a valid TRV, i do not need to reapply for a TRV. Anyways, I sent that form via webform just to ensure that nothing is incomplete from my end.
My wife was issued another W visa and my son was issued an S visa, although they both have valid visitors visa. When you applied for your SP, did you mention any valid documents you hold?

berkancam

Aug 14, 2019
I read in somewhere that was saying you must fill that form just if you said yes to any of the background questions on IMM1294 form. I filled it but only part I needed to fill was my travel history. I am not an expert but If you mentioned your travel history on the SOP and if you didn't say yes to any other background questions on IMM1294 form I don't think it would be a trouble.

arbj

May 15, 2013
Application Date - March 12, 2021 (Non SDS)
Medical - Upfront
Biometrics- Upfront updated March 14
Medical Passed - March 16
No other update since then, its been 9 weeks since

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
I read in somewhere that was saying you must fill that form just if you said yes to any of the background questions on IMM1294 form. I filled it but only part I needed to fill was my travel history. I am not an expert but If you mentioned your travel history on the SOP and if you didn't say yes to any other background questions on IMM1294 form I don't think it would be a trouble.
Thats what i hope for. I dont have any background questions like jail, political association etc. All I needed to mention was previous travel history which was mentioned in SOP and somewhere else as well. So lets hope for the best. Also, thanks for replying, your replies were helpful.

May i know which Univ. you are going? I tried asking you this in DM but couldn't.