+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April applicants ( Non SDS) for Fall 2021 intake. Please gather here

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
Thank you so much everyone for your kind wishes, means a lot! I hope everyone gets their PPR soon.

In my experience, I have felt that anyone who is waiting for a Medical Request form and then planning to get it done, shouldn't wait as there are just a few weeks for the Sep. intake. So please go ahead and get it done ASAP and upload via webform.

I don't know how accurate this is, I have a feeling - if there is any update on your profile (be it via a webform) on Monday, the application is more likely to be picked up from the queue. So, anyone who is waiting for more than 4-5 months, please raise a web form (calculating 10 days) so that the 10th day is Monday. (I have seen this in some of the cases, maybe it's a coincidence).

Last edited:
Reactions: Minsc's Boo

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
What did you do differently in your statement of purpose?
I just respectfully addressed the reason of the refusal mentioned in the correspondence letter which was for the purpose of the visit. It was crisp information (better to highlight in bullets).

I selected three major areas to address this:

i. Proposed education advantages over my current education and experience
ii. Employment prospects in the home country
iii. Family ties and future prospects

Reactions: XpressGirl

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
I just respectfully addressed the reason of the refusal mentioned in the correspondence letter which was for the purpose of the visit. It was crisp information (better to highlight in bullets).

I selected three major areas to address this:

i. Proposed education advantages over my current education and experience
ii. Employment prospects in the home country
iii. Family ties and future prospects
my agency gave me questions and told me to answer and they submitted those question-answers.. I think that makes SOP a bit more clearer to the VO
questions as follows

1)Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
2)What is your overall education goal?
3)Why are you not pursuing a similar course in your country of residence or of citizenship?
4)What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?
5)How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
6)What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship?

hope it help someone

Vicky0520

Aug 5, 2021
Thank you so much everyone for your kind wishes, means a lot! I hope everyone gets their PPR soon.

In my experience, I have felt that anyone who is waiting for a Medical Request form and then planning to get it done, shouldn't wait as there are just a few weeks for the Sep. intake. So please go ahead and get it done ASAP and upload via webform.

I don't know how accurate this is, I have a feeling - if there is any update on your profile (be it via a webform) on Monday, the application is more likely to be picked up from the queue. So, anyone who is waiting for more than 4-5 months, please raise a web form (calculating 10 days) so that the 10th day is Monday. (I have seen this in some of the cases, maybe it's a coincidence).
Hi I am planning to do my medical upfront as I did not get any update regarding my file applied on June 16th. After doing the medical check up will it get updated directly? If not what should I mention in the webform. Can you share what you mentioned in the webform. Thank you

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
Hi I am planning to do my medical upfront as I did not get any update regarding my file applied on June 16th. After doing the medical check up will it get updated directly? If not what should I mention in the webform. Can you share what you mentioned in the webform. Thank you
Once you are done with the medical, you will receive an "e-medical" form from the hospital. On the first page, write all your details such as IME#, UCI, UMI#, Passport No, Application No. and upload it via the "Technical-Difficulties" webform. I did this so that they can quickly map the application to the medical report sent by the hospital (not sure which category is the primary key for mapping, maybe the passport number). Make sure to contact the hospital and check if they have sent the report to the IRCC (normally they take 1 day). Then within 10-12 days you may expect your medical to be updated on GC Key.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
I submitted all of the requested additional documents today (LOA, Marriage cert, Proof of funds).

Shall keep the forum updated. Hopefully this time will be a bit quicker than the four months it took to look at my documents previously.