+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Apr 23, 2024
Hey guys! I did not apply for an OWP with my PR application and my current one expires by end of this year. Do you think it would be illegal/problematic, if I have a gap between expire date of my current WP and PR or would we be considered as in some sort of pending/processing status? One last related question, do you know if it is possible to add an OWP application to PR application, while it is already in process?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey guys! I did not apply for an OWP with my PR application and my current one expires by end of this year. Do you think it would be illegal/problematic, if I have a gap between expire date of my current WP and PR or would we be considered as in some sort of pending/processing status? One last related question, do you know if it is possible to add an OWP application to PR application, while it is already in process?
If you have received AOR of your sponsorship application, then you can apply for OWP. The OWP application would provided you with implied status if it's not returned as incomplete/wrong application (if the process is done correctly online).
It's normal to apply for the OWP while PR application/sponsorship is processing because this option is NOT available until you received the AOR email (which means a completed application have been received by IRCC).

Apr 23, 2024
If you have received AOR of your sponsorship application, then you can apply for OWP. The OWP application would provided you with implied status if it's not returned as incomplete/wrong application (if the process is done correctly online).
It's normal to apply for the OWP while PR application/sponsorship is processing because this option is NOT available until you received the AOR email (which means a completed application have been received by IRCC).
Thank you for quick response and a clear answer!

jpancholi0109

Jan 4, 2020
Hey Guys,

New to this thread, I am the sponsor in an Inland Application

Application: Family Class (Spouse)
Sponsor: Permanent Resident
Submitted: April 22, 2024
AOR: May 10, 2024
Work Permit Application: May 19, 2024

We still haven't received the request for Biometrics, hoping to get it soon. Same for Medical Request, but we had to do medical just a few weeks back for my wife as part of her Visitor Record Extension, hopefully they consider that result and it speeds up the process.

Rick2626

May 28, 2024
Will they ask for medical again, if i had came to Canada on a Student permit and had the Medical done back then which is within 5 years,