+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 family sponsorship outland

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Come next time we vote, I will be VERY KIN on how I vote going forward in Canada, until now I didn't realize how all this affects us and out loved Ones. Infact my Entire family of 7 will Vote the same way. The liberal government is definitely not focused on re-uniting families at all. The Wait is torturous!!!
Conservatives were not any more efficient either. Infact it was under Harper govt, Jason Kenny who mercilessly cancelled and nullified hundreds of thousands of applications in backlog....instead of investing more manpowers to process applications faster.

The question is do any of the reps of either parties, have any agenda about CiC? They don't have any. What CiC needs is accountability, transparency and usage of technology. I hope some aspiring MPs makes CIC and it's irregularities their agenda.

Reactions: SKGUG

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
Conservatives were not any more efficient either. Infact it was under Harper govt, Jason Kenny who mercilessly cancelled and nullified hundreds of thousands of applications in backlog....instead of investing more manpowers to process applications faster.

The question is do any of the reps of either parties, have any agenda about CiC? They don't have any. What CiC needs is accountability, transparency and usage of technology. I hope some aspiring MPs makes CIC and it's irregularities their agenda.
I have been living in Canada for almost 20 years, I'm seriously considering moving my whole family back to were my spouse is, Canada is good but it's not a do or die to be honest. 4 of my 7 family members moved back, 1 is seriously considering it, it looks like for me the grass is looking greener on the otherside, besides I can sponsor my spouse whether I'm in canada or not and all my children will be Canadians anyway. The frustration of this immigration process has my got mental health to this.

Kaye0501

Oct 18, 2023
Yes it is. CONGRATS!!!! That’s the exact same letter I got. So follow the steps and let your spouse submit them to the vsf office in the letter.
Hi. I have a question.My husband also received this letter the information letter but we are confuse if we are going to send the passport to the vfs without the copr or will wait first for copr before submitting our passport to the vfs?

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Hi. I have a question.My husband also received this letter the information letter but we are confuse if we are going to send the passport to the vfs without the copr or will wait first for copr before submitting our passport to the vfs?
Hey. Once your husband goes to submit his passport to the VFS office, he will get the visa, as well as the COPR document when it it’s returned to him. DO NOT wait for COPR. Some offices send one before the other. I didn’t get COPR when I got this letter. I got it after my husband had submitted his passport.

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
Hi everyone, Applied for my husband and my timeline so far:
April 21 - Application submitted
JUNE 29 - AOR
NOV 16- SA
File moved to New Delhi, India
Nov 27, 2023- Medical Updated
Dec 27, 2023 - Ghost Update

spzhang

Jul 13, 2019
what is the waiting time these days? I applied on April 2nd and on tracker everything is completed. I got the pre arrival services email too on Sep 26 and nothing after that.

Reactions: Home_13579

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
what is the waiting time these days? I applied on April 2nd and on tracker everything is completed. I got the pre arrival services email too on Sep 26 and nothing after that.
Can't say anything . My timeline so far :
JUNE 29 - AOR
NOV 16- SA
Dec 28, 2023- Eligibility started
Jan 04, 2024 - Ghost Update.

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Hello, does anyone know how long it takes to get your visa stamped if you applied as PR?
Hi it usually takes about 2 weeks but it depends on where the passport will be sent and how busy that office is. For my husband it took 2 weeks and then he got it back

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Can't say anything . My timeline so far :
JUNE 29 - AOR
NOV 16- SA
Dec 28, 2023- Eligibility started
Jan 04, 2024 - Ghost Update.
hey any updates since your last Ghost one?

Dila

Apr 10, 2021
Our timeline so far:
Applied - 28th April
AOR/ SA - 6th July
Biometrics request - 7th July
Biometrics completed - 12th July
Medical completed - 17th Oct (We never received request. Did upfront)
Eligibility started - 23rd Oct
GCMS notes requested - 24th Nov
GCMS notes received - 9th Dec (Got to know that file is moved to Ottawa IR)
Eligibility completed/ Pre arrival- 2nd Feb

In the meantime we applied for TRV:
TRV applied - 30th Oct
Eligibility completed - 6th Nov
After that nothing, so right after processing time is passed we contacted city MP.
MP inquiry to IRCC - 15th Jan
PPR - 16th Jan
Received with stamp - 26th Jan

Anyone came with TRV recently while PR is still processing? Can you share the experience? At the immigration did they ask any specific questions/ return ticket stuff?