+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 family sponsorship outland

sokaina

Aug 18, 2023
Outland application (Sponsor in Canada, PA in India)
Submission: April 23, 2023.
AOR: June 2, 2023
Biometrics: from previous TRV
SA: June 2, 2023
Medical requested: July 5, 2023
Medical submitted: Jul 29, 2023
Medical completed: August 5, 2023
Eligibility completed: August 31, 2023
Pre-arrival letter: Sep 1, 2023
Background complete: October 6, 2023
Decision made: October 6, 2023
PPR: October 10, 2023
Passport submitted: October 23, 2023
Passport received: November 21, 2023
Congratulations
please where did you send the passport to get stamped in Canada or India

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Congrats to everyone so far. :) Has anyone completed the landing process yet? And if so what questions was your spouse asked.
Thanks in advanced

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Application Submitted : 19th April
Gckey linked : 22nd June
AOR : 23rd June
SA : 27th June
Medical Request : 1st July (surprisingly at 7:30AM EST)
How did you link with GC key before AOR ,which option you selected ?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Wow...Even april applicants are still on medical stage. May June July is dead silence as well. Is CIC busy working on just issuing Study Permits??

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Wow...Even april applicants are still on medical stage. May June July is dead silence as well. Is CIC busy working on just issuing Study Permits??
I have a feeling they have reached their quota on family spousals or are close to for the year, so they slowed down processes. I've noticed how many applications were being processed between the middle of the year to October and then it just slowed down again.

Reactions: SKGUG

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I have a feeling they have reached their quota on family spousals or are close to for the year, so they slowed down processes. I've noticed how many applications were being processed between the middle of the year to October and then it just slowed down again.
Yep, it seems like that. They have program-specific quota and overall immigration quota for each year. And perhaps because of all housing industry chaos and pressure - or perhaps cuz they have just reached that limit, they want to hold it for a while.

But i got the gcms notes this morning. And the way these people work - it doesnt look like its 2023. They had finger print since April 2023 - and only now in November, they are leaving notes that it was not clear. They haven't ask for another biometrics - but thats the note officer left a week ago.. This note was not there in the previous GCMS i order 2 months back.
Eligibility is done - says Passed - but security has "not started". They take inputs from RCMP (done), awaiting inputs from FBI and "international partners"...

I guess their focus is just STUDY PERMITS...and to some extent work permits.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Yep, it seems like that. They have program-specific quota and overall immigration quota for each year. And perhaps because of all housing industry chaos and pressure - or perhaps cuz they have just reached that limit, they want to hold it for a while.

But i got the gcms notes this morning. And the way these people work - it doesnt look like its 2023. They had finger print since April 2023 - and only now in November, they are leaving notes that it was not clear. They haven't ask for another biometrics - but thats the note officer left a week ago.. This note was not there in the previous GCMS i order 2 months back.
Eligibility is done - says Passed - but security has "not started". They take inputs from RCMP (done), awaiting inputs from FBI and "international partners"...

I guess their focus is just STUDY PERMITS...and to some extent work permits.
Yes exactly. I know the spousal quota isn't that big.
I have a feeling they will have to allocate a lot of personnel to deal with the Quebec issue as well.
Well that's great at least you passed eligibility, that's a big thing! Congratulations
That's always the biggest concern because it really depends on what the officer think about you proving your relationship, I feel like that's more stressful than anything else cause it's really not in your control.
Background unless you are a criminal, you will be good.
Fingers crossed for us waiting!

Reactions: Home_13579

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Yes exactly. I know the spousal quota isn't that big.
I have a feeling they will have to allocate a lot of personnel to deal with the Quebec issue as well.
Well that's great at least you passed eligibility, that's a big thing! Congratulations
That's always the biggest concern because it really depends on what the officer think about you proving your relationship, I feel like that's more stressful than anything else cause it's really not in your control.
Background unless you are a criminal, you will be good.
Fingers crossed for us waiting!
That's true. I actually never realized, that her eligibility/marriage authenticity could be questioned for any insane reason. and then sent for interview. So AlhamdoLILAH our case is saved from all that headache...But now background which includes criminality, has passed, but security has not even started??!!,---- she has 0 travel history. i hope US and international results come back quickly.. Now i wonder if its the finger prints that is causing problems - and if they will ask for another biometrics.

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
I second this conclusion, the process slowed down. Some of Us are from February 2023 and haven't heard back since July. It has been dead silence. I'm surprised to see that people in April are even getting PPR. This process has no fairness to it at all. No matter what the case may be, it would be nice for it to be first come first serve.

Reactions: Home_13579

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
Come next time we vote, I will be VERY KIN on how I vote going forward in Canada, until now I didn't realize how all this affects us and out loved Ones. Infact my Entire family of 7 will Vote the same way. The liberal government is definitely not focused on re-uniting families at all. The Wait is torturous!!!