+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hello, today i have received a document stating the following: Client Information: "Your Relative live in province of Quebec. Please respond to this email with written evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec."

I applied to Toronto through EE, however, in my application i stated that I have my brother in montreal, anyone knows what should i do in such case? Your help would be much appreciated
You are required to write a letter to justify why you indent to settle in Toronto instead of Quebec. For example - u have job in Toronto, better job prospects compared to Quebec, partner in Toronto, partner’s job or job prospects, your French language skill( need to be good to settle in Quebec) etc..

MUZZ1122

Feb 14, 2023
Hello folks
I’m CEC and AORed on 16th April. My eligibility hasn’t started yet, it makes me worried as why is it taking too long, as per GCMS, eligibility isn’t started yet, but, nothing adverse found in gcms notes, everything is normal. Ordered gcms twice the times.
Let me write down complete status. What do you experts say why does eligibility take time for me?

AOR: 16th April 2023 (CEC inland)
Eligibility not started
Background in progress
- criminality passed with bio (as per gcms)
- info sharing complete
- security not started
PVO - CIO Sydney
SVO - CPC Ottawa
Dependents - 3

Reactions: Raulf

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
the process for pr confirmation portal is really confusing and heartbreaking... i received a READY FOR VISA E-MAIL August 3 for my dependents outland.. replied and complied same day.. but sadly my dependents passports was returned to them today saying that they cant process their visa yet because I (principal applicant) should land first as PR virtually... why would they send as a READY FOR VISA EMAIL if they cant process it yet.. why not send me my PR confirmation portal account first so that I can land virtually first before sending me a RFV email??????????????????

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
Hi everyone! I just got the RFV email!!! Here's my timeline:
FSW-O
AOR - April 4, 2023
MEP/UCI/BIL - May 2, 2023
Biometrics submitted & updated - May 8, 2023
Eligibility and Background verification completed in tracker - Jun 1, 2023
COPR details visible in tracker - Jun 6, 2023
RFV email - Jun 7, 2023

This forum has been incredibly helpful while waiting. Good luck to folks who are still waiting!
the process for pr confirmation portal is really confusing and heartbreaking... i received a READY FOR VISA E-MAIL August 3 for my dependents outland.. replied and complied same day.. but sadly my dependents passports was returned to them today saying that they cant process their visa yet because I (principal applicant) should land first as PR virtually... why would they send as a READY FOR VISA EMAIL if they cant process it yet.. why not send me my PR confirmation portal account first so that I can land virtually first before sending me a RFV email??????????????????

mazenB

Apr 18, 2023
You are required to write a letter to justify why you indent to settle in Toronto instead of Quebec. For example - u have job in Toronto, better job prospects compared to Quebec, partner in Toronto, partner’s job or job prospects, your French language skill( need to be good to settle in Quebec) etc..
I have a CLB 6 in my french test which also part of my application, eventhough a clb 6 is not very bad would I be able to mention that such score won't secure me a job in Quebec?

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
I have a CLB 6 in my french test which also part of my application, eventhough a clb 6 is not very bad would I be able to mention that such score won't secure me a job in Quebec?
Yes, it's not enough for Arrima, right? You can also say if you have dependents that they don't speak French. Or your French is not good enough for handling medical, business, government affairs (like the new law will require I think).

Reactions: Raulf

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
I would recommend not to write anything that you are unsure of. Through the letter the officer need to be convinced on your reasons on settling in Toronto and prove that you will not not move to Quebec in short term(2-4 years). All the best!

eog123

May 25, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone!!! Just got the golden email!!! So excited!!! Can barely get through typing this
Hi people, my wife and I got our passports back from VFS on Friday, 18th August. Really grateful to everyone here who took the time to respond to any of my questions during my application process and of course, for the emotional support that this forum has provided me with; I am truly grateful. I wish everyone who has applied or is yet to apply all the very best!

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hi people, my wife and I got our passports back from VFS on Friday, 18th August. Really grateful to everyone here who took the time to respond to any of my questions during my application process and of course, for the emotional support that this forum has provided me with; I am truly grateful. I wish everyone who has applied or is yet to apply all the very best!
Hi guys, got stamped passport back. Thanks for everything. Very interesting Forum.
Will be available to provide support to hopefuls.
So how long approximately does it get to get our passport back from VFS these days? 1 month - 2 months?

eog123

May 25, 2023
Category........
FSW
So how long approximately does it get to get our passport back from VFS these days? 1 month - 2 months?
Depends where you submit. Took me about 5 weeks. Took some other people about 2-3 weeks. Average time for VFS in Lagos for PR applicants I will say is 3-4 weeks.