+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
I received a request to submit my CV on June 28 and I submitted it on the same day through the GCKey portal. However, till now, I have not received any acknowledgment of receiving it. The current status of the additional document section on the GCkey portal is "Not applicable." Should I contact IRCC or wait?

FYI:
EE-PNP with one dependent
AOR: April 30
BIO/MED: May 31
Eligibility: changed from not started to complete on June 14
ADR (CV): June 28 and submitted on the same day.
BG: Criminality: complete, Info Sharing: Complete, and Security check: Not started.
VO: Sydney
I have a hypothesis about how their system operates. It appears that their approach might prioritize reviewing new applications first to process the maximum number of applications. Therefore, the examination of documents submitted in response to an Additional Document Request (ADR) might be delayed until closer to the end of the specified deadline in the ADR (which can be 7 days for some applicants, 30 days for others).

They seem not to have an immediate trigger mechanism indicating that a specific individual has submitted the requested documents and they need to be reviewed urgently. Rather, there seems to be a trigger associated with the deadline for document submission. The case is likely revisited after ADR closer to the end of the deadline, either to review the already submitted documents or, if the documents are not provided, to reject the application.

Reactions: Raulf

francisjaimz

Apr 19, 2023
Looks like not may updates from Aril AORs. No further progress after the biometric request on June 8th from our end. Any idea how long does background check takes to complete after biometric?
Hope things move faster this week.

@francisjaimz Any further updates on your application?
Nope, nothing so far. I did call IRCC to see what's going on, and they said my visa office is Sydney. The lady said my security had not started but also mentioned eligibility and criminality is a pass. Asked me to wait ‍♂

eog123

May 25, 2023
Category........
FSW
I have a hypothesis about how their system operates. It appears that their approach might prioritize reviewing new applications first to process the maximum number of applications. Therefore, the examination of documents submitted in response to an Additional Document Request (ADR) might be delayed until closer to the end of the specified deadline in the ADR (which can be 7 days for some applicants, 30 days for others).

They seem not to have an immediate trigger mechanism indicating that a specific individual has submitted the requested documents and they need to be reviewed urgently. Rather, there seems to be a trigger associated with the deadline for document submission. The case is likely revisited after ADR closer to the end of the deadline, either to review the already submitted documents or, if the documents are not provided, to reject the application.
I don't know about this. In my case, when I got my ADR, I was given 7 days to submit and I did not get an acknowledgement / update till after about a month.

• Sad
Reactions: TomCassidy

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
I don't know about this. In my case, when I got my ADR, I was given 7 days to submit and I did not get an acknowledgement / update till after about a month.
I believe in your case, the issue may be due to human factor, as it's almost certain they have a trigger to send an AOR after an ADR. Most people receive their AOR within 1-3 days after uploading the documents. Alternatively, they might have a standard deadline of 30 days to review ADR documents, as the majority of people on this forum report seeing progress on their case within approximately 30 days (plus or minus 5 days) after the ADR.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

So, a bunch of things here. Each stage (e.g. criminality) has a due date assigned to it, but at times ADR in itself is a sub-section of criminality, security, background, etc so a due date isn't assigned to the ADR submission itself.

Here's an ADR/typical change received example from a GCMS note:

################
NOTES:8
Created Date: 2023/02/28 16:17:06
Created By: MM00507
Updated Date: 2023/02/28 16:17:40
Updated By: MM00507
restricted: No
Label: Client Enquiry
Office: Central Intake office
Text: Change in Marital Status - Married Email received via GMCS (Provided Report) via Call Centre. Review Required. Advising change in marital status- married. NO response provided.
###################

Notice how there's no due date to it. But as a result of this, an updated due date will be assigned to the eligibility. Important to know that Case processing agents can decide whether they'd like to honor these due dates or not.

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021

Looks logical based on my timeline

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Josh_dan

May 10, 2023
Been a while since I checked in here. Any more April AORs who are anxiously awaiting a PPR/RFV email after having all stages completed on tracker?

For reference, I've had everything green on tracker since 7th June and heard absolutely nothing since. My VO is RROC which matches nearly all applicants in this situation.

santini95

May 29, 2023
Does requesting your GMCS notes update tracker? Mine says last updated today but no really any update shown neither on tracker nor on portal