+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

april 2022 visitor VISA applicants

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi Guys, I applied for Visitor visa for my parents on April 19th 2022. Got their Biometrics completed on April 22nd. No updates ever since. My parents do not have prior travel history. is it common that it takes this long?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys, I applied for Visitor visa for my parents on April 19th 2022. Got their Biometrics completed on April 22nd. No updates ever since. My parents do not have prior travel history. is it common that it takes this long?
Yes it is common for processing to be long and depends where they live.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
based on which province you're going to, contact that MP. it was visit visa mine it was study related so agreed to follow up with ircc but not sure if they will do the same for you
An MP can’t help you get approval or expedite your approval. They essentially just reported the status of your application like you would have received GCMS notes yourself. If your case has gone way beyond processing times then an MP can follow-up to see or if your case has faced numerous obstacles they may be able to get more information but in general IRCC is not influenced by government officials. With Ukraine and Afghanistan cases requiring resources to be diverted most MPs are being told they can’t follow-up on general cases.

Premkumar63

Jun 21, 2022
MP is just sending you info about where your application is in the processing process. Doesn’t impact your application.
can you let me know what's this security check, as eligibility & criminal check passed, only security check pending, so can we do anything to expedite the security check process

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
can you let me know what's this security check, as eligibility & criminal check passed, only security check pending, so can we do anything to expedite the security check process
Nothing you can do to expedite any of the processing. Your application is in a line with other applications. Pu fortunately you just have to wait. If you were stuck for 6+ months in security check then I would contact your MP to try to determine why it was taking so long unless your family member was in the army, opposition groups, etc. for example and it makes sense why there may be some concerns.

Reactions: Premkumar63

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
I have applied for my parents VV almost same time as you 20th April 2022 with no travel history and have not received any update. From which country have you applied from?