+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

april 2022 visitor VISA applicants

Y_singh

Aug 18, 2022
Applied for visitor visa for my 5 year old son (after renewing his India passport which was expired).
Both parents have valid visitor visa.
We applied on 20th April.
Got his PPR today (18th Aug).

Currently I am out of India with my son and family.

As per PPR I visited IRCC website " https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html" to know if I can submit my son passport our of India.

It is very clear, as per above website, that I have to submit the passport in India only, because the country from where I applied and that of residence are filled as India in the application form (item no 7 and 9).

Now I will have to fly with my 5 year old son just to submit passport in India and come back after receiving his visa.

Anyone have face similar situation or have any information what option I can have to avoid visiting India?

Thanks in advance for help !

Inder3256

Jan 11, 2019
Applied my visit visa in July 2021 and biometrics updated in September 2021
No news till April 2022
Reapplied on 17th April 2022 but no updation till last night.
I have a Canada visit visa which expired in 2020 - i have visited Canada in 2019 for 4 weeks
i also have a valid US visa and I have visit US too in 2019
This time my son who is a Canadian citizen invited me and sent a sponsorship letter stating he will bear all my expenses
reason for my visit was family reunion and spend some quality time with my son and also celebrate his newly acquired Canadian citizenship
I was not asked for any documents except my passport and identity card, not even photograph, no financial documents etc. i submitted only those documents what they asked including sponsorship/ invite letter plus my sons Canadian citizenship certificate and passport copy.
And today morning i received the much awaited email to submit my passport, after almost 1 year of desperate wait.
My application is from New Delhi
i wish you all good luck and fast visa.

Reactions: Zain2011 and LorLor

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
Applied for visitor visa for my 5 year old son (after renewing his India passport which was expired).
Both parents have valid visitor visa.
We applied on 20th April.
Got his PPR today (18th Aug).

Currently I am out of India with my son and family.

As per PPR I visited IRCC website " https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html" to know if I can submit my son passport our of India.

It is very clear, as per above website, that I have to submit the passport in India only, because the country from where I applied and that of residence are filled as India in the application form (item no 7 and 9).

Now I will have to fly with my 5 year old son just to submit passport in India and come back after receiving his visa.

Anyone have face similar situation or have any information what option I can have to avoid visiting India?

Thanks in advance for help !
Hi Friend,
Congratulations. I have found many applicants sharing that they could get the visa stamped at another country. You can contact VAC for this information or try visiting VFS office in person to request information on this (if it is closer to where you currently are).
Regards
Inder

Reactions: 2cookies

dgpshiva

Aug 17, 2022
Hi All,

Got my PPR :)
Sharing the timelines for reference.

April 6th: Applied TRV - PGWP Holder (India)
April 7th: Random Update (Start of Eligibility)-- This happened exactly after 24 hours of applying, hence I think it was automated.
July 27th: Request for medicals received -- Even though I was technically exempted from them, anyway I decided to get them done
August 5th: Clinic uploaded my results
August 9th: Medical gets reflected on GcKey
August 12th: PPR

August 12th Same Day: Couriered my passport (To New York Office as I am currently in the USA)
August 15th - Passport received by VFS
August 16th - Passport received by IRCC office
August 17th- Passport received back by VFS office
August 18th (today) - Passport Couriered back

Passport Expected - Tomorrow by FedEX

Good luck everyone, its very annoying for people waiting, I hope this backlog gets over soon _/\_
congrats ! was this a visa for parents ?

kaycan

Feb 5, 2017
Applied visitor visa for my parents on March 8th. Biometrics completed by March 31st. Still no real updates! Is anyone else in the same boat like us?

sg125

Mar 17, 2022
Applied April 1, Biometrics completed April 5, Visited Canada 2015 and 2016 two times. Canada visa expired 2020. USA visit two times 2014 and 2016 . Valid USA visa. NO any update till now

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
@Arramezani : sorry to hear about that, that is unfortunate news for you. Could you please share what the reasons for rejection are? How long have you been waiting until you got the result?

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Got my rejection today for my brother and her wife
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. It really is pretty random these days the rejection. Apply again and see what happens. This time make sure to include an invitation if you can. Lots of prayers brother.

Arramezani

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. It really is pretty random these days the rejection. Apply again and see what happens. This time make sure to include an invitation if you can. Lots of prayers brother.
Yes we are preparing another application
He applies without her family for only 2 weeks with better travel history . My wife and I will give him an invitation and wait to see what happens.