+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

april 2022 visitor VISA applicants

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
I am tired of waiting, expecting first baby in 2 months and hardly have any family here, applied visa for my mom, she even has B2 USA visa(but expired 2yrs ago).. now we are so stressed , too much family pressure and this IRCC not providing any update neither a status report, don’t know how they randomly select the applications and process ( cause some applied inJune (kinda same profile as the invitee and the applicant as mine)also got it) or do they have any actual logic on processing the applications just frustrating at this point.
I am in same situation as you my wife is due in august end and no family in Canada. Very frustrated but cannot do anything. IRCC is a mess right now.

Reactions: BA101

Idilia555

Jun 14, 2021
I guess study contribute more to the economy the a tourist or just not to have them miss their term
Yes, indeed, it makes sense. But visas should be processed by local country offices (embassies) and study and work permits by Citizenship and immigration in Canada. So should be 2 different timelines. Or since everything online these days CIC asked embassies also prioritize study and work permits instead of visas.... nevertheless can only guess how long will take your visa to process.

Abrarrkhan1986

Star Member
Jun 4, 2022
Yes, indeed, it makes sense. But visas should be processed by local country offices (embassies) and study and work permits by Citizenship and immigration in Canada. So should be 2 different timelines. Or since everything online these days CIC asked embassies also prioritize study and work permits instead of visas.... nevertheless can only guess how long will take your visa to process.
april 2nd submitted application
April 10th biometrics updated

no news since. 84 days crossing

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
I was just wondering is there any other country right now which takes more time to issue visit visa then Canada?

Last edited:

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I was just wondering is there any other country right now which takes more time to issue visit visa then Canada?
United States. Their wait times for visit visa is 1 and 1/2 years. I applied for it in March, got an interview date for December. And that's only because embassy in Calgary had some space. Otherwise, Toronto was showing 430 days. Hahaha. What a shit country!

Reactions: Idilia555

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
United States. Their wait times for visit visa is 1 and 1/2 years. I applied for it in March, got an interview date for December. And that's only because embassy in Calgary had some space. Otherwise, Toronto was showing 430 days. Hahaha. What a shit country!
Its all together a different process depends on interview date. But when you go for interview you right away know if have been granted a visa or not. Its not like waking up every day hoping i might get a reply today and going to bed disappointed and repeat.

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Its all together a different process depends on interview date. But when you go for interview you right away know if have been granted a visa or not. Its not like waking up every day hoping i might get a reply today and going to bed disappointed and repeat.
At least with Canada there's a good chance your visa can be processed in 2 weeks, like 2 of my family members. With US, everyone has to wait minimum an year.