+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Paper/Online

gjlink

Jun 30, 2022
Hello guys,
Do we have to submit a use of representative form if spouse apply for PA from his online PR portal account?
Maybe not, since you are using the PA's online Portal.
From my understanding, Spouse must receive permission from Principal Applicant (PA) using the use of representative form while using their own PR account.
In my case, I am PA and I submitted the application using my PR Portal Account. Therefore, I did not need the use of representative form.

Last edited:

Ragh1

Oct 18, 2018
Maybe not, since you are using the PA's online Portal.
From my understanding, Spouse must receive permission from Principal Applicant (PA) using the use of representative form while using their own PR account.
In my case, I am PA and I submitted the application using my PR Portal Account. Therefore, I did not need the use of representative form.
In my case PA used sponsor’s PR portal account to submit the application and we didn’t fill Use Of Representative form. Just realized this mistake reading through different forums. It’s been 3 months now we are waiting for AOR. Seems like they will return application.

Reactions: gjlink

gjlink

Jun 30, 2022
In my case PA used sponsor’s PR portal account to submit the application and we didn’t fill Use Of Representative form. Just realized this mistake reading through different forums. It’s been 3 months now we are waiting for AOR. Seems like they will return application.
It is likely that they will either return application or request the Use of Representative form.
What you can do, to be proactive, is use the Webform to submit the Use of Representative form, give an explanation and request that it is to be included in your Spousal Sponsorship Application. Worth a shot.

Follow this youtube video as a guide.

Ramptp

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
It is likely that they will either return application or request the Use of Representative form.
What you can do, to be proactive, is use the Webform to submit the Use of Representative form, give an explanation and request that it is to be included in your Spousal Sponsorship Application. Worth a shot.

Follow this youtube video as a guide.
I have a question about this. Is there any other applications created apart from Spousal sponsorship linked to Sponsor's account? Otherwise, when you create account on portal , how will they know whether it is Sponsor or PA account. It is just the email you used or any other criteria

Ragh1

Oct 18, 2018
I have a question about this. Is there any other applications created apart from Spousal sponsorship linked to Sponsor's account? Otherwise, when you create account on portal , how will they know whether it is Sponsor or PA account. It is just the email you used or any other criteria
Yes, it is the email that could reflect them it’s a sponsor’s account. I hope they don’t find this out.

gjlink

Jun 30, 2022
Good question! I don't have all the answers. However, I think email assocation is apart of your idenification.
I think using same email to create the PR account, MyCIC account and the email entered on the application will avoid confusion and speed up process.
There is also a process to link the accounts once AOR is received.

Karim@2022

Jul 3, 2022
Hi there,
I tried to fill the application for sponsoring my nehew online but the space allocated on the form for writing the full name in english and in native language is not enough to write the names as exactly as in the passport, What should I do? any one faced this situation

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Hlo, my husband’s medical done on on 10 june , but ircc didn’t not update it on gckey, pr tracker , is it normal ??? Even We have received pre arrival , but on gc key and tracker it shows we have requested medical exam , clinic told us they have submitted it on 15 june , m worried about it bcs recieved pre arrival but medical not updated, can anyone tell me why is that and what i need to do now @scylla @legalfalcon

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hlo, my husband’s medical done on on 10 june , but ircc didn’t not update it on gckey, pr tracker , is it normal ??? Even We have received pre arrival , but on gc key and tracker it shows we have requested medical exam , clinic told us they have submitted it on 15 june , m worried about it bcs recieved pre arrival but medical not updated, can anyone tell me why is that and what i need to do now @scylla @legalfalcon
I would think there might be glitches in the system, not always everything gets reflected , look on the positive side you wouldn't be receiving pre arrival without having medical passed. Just patience is what is it all about Canada immigration they might update after you coming to Canada :p

Reactions: Jasaman

harpreets86

Apr 5, 2013
PLEASE ADVISE!

I came as a Permanent Resident in 2016 and got married in 2017 and sponsored my wife in 2019. After few weeks of her PR card arrival things got worsen and now I am going through divorce process. Can PR sponsorship be cancelled as this seems to be a marriage of convinience for settlement purposes. I am still under 3 year obligation period.

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
I would think there might be glitches in the system, not always everything gets reflected , look on the positive side you wouldn't be receiving pre arrival without having medical passed. Just patience is what is it all about Canada immigration they might update after you coming to Canada :p
don’t know seriously worried now. Hope this is just a glitch.

Ami091

May 17, 2017
Hey guys, does the PA receive AOR email or the sponsor? We used different email id's in forms for sponsor and PA in application. we applied through paper application on April 22nd. Nothing yet. And could anybody show the email address where AOR comes from please. thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
PLEASE ADVISE!

I came as a Permanent Resident in 2016 and got married in 2017 and sponsored my wife in 2019. After few weeks of her PR card arrival things got worsen and now I am going through divorce process. Can PR sponsorship be cancelled as this seems to be a marriage of convinience for settlement purposes. I am still under 3 year obligation period.
Sponsorship cannot be cancelled once the spouse landed in Canada.

You can try to report her if you have proof that she committed any misrepresentation during the IRCC application.

But from posts in this forum, we rarely see IRCC actually take action and deport or revoke PR of these cases. (may be it did happen but no one posted about it) So be prepared to pay if she tries to get any social assistance.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hey guys, does the PA receive AOR email or the sponsor? We used different email id's in forms for sponsor and PA in application. we applied through paper application on April 22nd. Nothing yet. And could anybody show the email address where AOR comes from please. thanks in advance.
The sponsor will receive an email with the header below , check your spam/junk box as well , give yourself like 90 to 100 days to get back AOR
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about FXXXXXXXXX Correspondence Id: 1-XXXXXXXXXX

Reactions: Kiikii

Ami091

May 17, 2017
The sponsor will receive an email with the header below , check your spam/junk box as well , give yourself like 90 to 100 days to get back AOR
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about FXXXXXXXXX Correspondence Id: 1-XXXXXXXXXX
Thanks a lot. I was just curious as it seems almost everyone from april got the AOR. Wait is the only thing we can do regardless