+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

M.dot

Mar 14, 2019
Hi , please help!

submitted: April 4th 2022
AOR: May 3rd 2022

No response since no step 1 or anything
Is there a number to call or what to do?
arrived with eTA and then just renewed even though I have been in the country for over a year.
also would like to go back to UK due to family situation but heard I have to wait till I get at least step 1 or border control will give me hard time for overstaying.

(British citizen married to Canadian citizen, submitted myself with the review of a lawyer)

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
I am still waiting for some good news... :( Just lot of ghost updates almost days in a row

Everyone i know from April have got their COPR except me.

Last edited:

aftab0887

Jun 9, 2022
Hi aftab did you get any news on your file
Inland App
Date of Submission: 07 April 2022 received 26 April 2022
AOR: 17 May 2022
Biometrics : Received - done in 2018
Medical Passed : Completed 28 August 2022
Eligibility : Completed 26 May 2022
Pre-arrival Services : 17 May 2022 (post GU)
Background Check : **In Progress**
AIP :
SA :
DM :
COPR :

Since June No update but ghost tracker almost update everyday with nothing new.

• Sad
Reactions: Kiikii

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Inland App
Date of Submission: 07 April 2022 received 26 April 2022
AOR: 17 May 2022
Biometrics : Received - done in 2018
Medical Passed : Completed 28 August 2022
Eligibility : Completed 26 May 2022
Pre-arrival Services : 17 May 2022 (post GU)
Background Check : **In Progress**
AIP :
SA :
DM :
COPR :

Since June No update but ghost tracker almost update everyday with nothing new.
that's crazy don't know what to say... so frustrated myself :(

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Your BG still not started means it will automatically shows completed soon and most likely we both will hear good news in sep or oct inshalah.
They will not make it too long.
I hope soon... my patience is over the roof now :( everything is complete for me and my background check i am sure is going on as per what i have read so far.

Rhea Jose

Mar 15, 2020
@tsuji you have any new updates... i received visitor visa ext approval valid till 12 September my immigration consultant states to apply new extension wiht my AOR information but online and on this forum it says i am fine w/o applying as i am implied status.. i really hope something comes up before my bday this month :( jus day dreaming
Hi, did you apply for the OWP online? Don't we have to wait to get AOR for that. I'm trying to find the application package for that as I am also on implied status (applied for visitor extension) so a bit confused. Any insights would be helpful.

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Hi, did you apply for the OWP online? Don't we have to wait to get AOR for that. I'm trying to find the application package for that as I am also on implied status (applied for visitor extension) so a bit confused. Any insights would be helpful.
Hi i hired a immigration consultant for my application me and my husband don’t had no idea for the process, they did everything for us. there are couple of forums on here that can guide you on owp. I am on implied status however i don’t want any issues, besides my AIP states i need to maintain status while i am here and was advised by my consultant to apply for visa extension mine got approved on 12 august valid until 12 September i applied extension previously on 21 December 2021 and approved as above last month and i reapplied on 5th September

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi i hired a immigration consultant for my application me and my husband don’t had no idea for the process, they did everything for us. there are couple of forums on here that can guide you on owp. I am on implied status however i don’t want any issues, besides my AIP states i need to maintain status while i am here and was advised by my consultant to apply for visa extension mine got approved on 12 august valid until 12 September i applied extension previously on 21 December 2021 and approved as above last month and i reapplied on 5th September
Did you include the OWP with the sponsorship application (in the same envelope)? If not...why not? Once you reached AIP, the OWP would have allowed you to work AND it would have maintained your status until your have your PR; no need to extend your visa.

Reactions: Kiikii

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Did you include the OWP with the sponsorship application (in the same envelope)? If not...why not? Once you reached AIP, the OWP would have allowed you to work AND it would have maintained your status until your have your PR; no need to extend your visa.
Yes it was applied online PR App + OWP. However the Immi consultant and the AIP mentioned to maintain my status hence i applied extension as i don't want any trouble :( i over stress so wanted to be safe.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it was applied online PR App + OWP. However the Immi consultant and the AIP mentioned to maintain my status hence i applied extension as i don't want any trouble :( i over stress so wanted to be safe.
Odd. The OWP (if submitted at the same time as the Sponsorship application) automatically extended legal status in Canada if applying by mail. I see that the OWP can now only be submitted online, but maybe it still works the same way? You shouldn't have to keep extending your status.

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Odd. The OWP (if submitted at the same time as the Sponsorship application) automatically extended legal status in Canada if applying by mail. I see that the OWP can now only be submitted online, but maybe it still works the same way? You shouldn't have to keep extending your status.
I know lot of people on forums told me so, but the AIP itself mentions to maintain status so i didnt care, i just applied with details of my spousal application, our marriage certificate etc. and i did receive two or three ghost updates on gc key for the extension app, besides my Spousal app isnt connected to GC key as i have an immi rep. but in my gc key my background check went from in progress to "not applicable" not just me my fathers visa ext app also background check also went Not Applicable only got two ghost updates for him.