Submitted via courier to CPC Mississauga for Common Law Spouse

- Sent: April 8 2022
- AOR: May 10 2022 (electronic)
- Start of Processing: May 9 2022
- Request for Medicals: May 10 2022

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Hi,
My wife would be coming on Visitor Visa and I intend to make an Inland spousal application. If I say we are leaving together I need to submit Joint rental agreement and bank statements. however I am not sure if I can do that with she coming on visitor visa. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Adeluv92

Jan 18, 2021
Hi,
My wife would be coming on Visitor Visa and I intend to make an Inland spousal application. If I say we are leaving together I need to submit Joint rental agreement and bank statements. however I am not sure if I can do that with she coming on visitor visa. Any advice is highly appreciated.
You and your wife's name can be on the same rental lease application regardless of whether she is on a visitor visa or not. But I would wait till she gets approved for a visitor visa before I include her name on the lease.

That's actually what I did for my wife's application.

Best wishes.

Reactions: gjlink and TT222

katarina_01

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hi,
Hello! I entered Canada on a Visitor Visa last November and my longterm boyfriend and I married here in Canada. We just made a Rental Agreement with our landlord with both our names on it and had in notarized. We also opened a joint bank account. Opening the bank account just went smoothly. Didn't matter that I was a visitor when we opened the account. Submitted both set of documents for our Inland Spousal app. Hope this helps! :)

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
Hi,
Hi, I was able to include my common-law partner’s name on the lease without any problem and we were able to open a joint account w/ TD, she’s a tourist (ETA).

Reactions: Kiikii and TT222

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
I have another question, I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but still I will go ahead and ask...
What is a preferred mode of application (Inland or Outland) in terms of processing times.
I am asking this now as I was told by couple agents that Outland application are faster than the Inland application; However the general processing time on IRCC website suggest otherwise (Outland is 22 months and Inland is 15 months)

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
Date Submitted : April 25, 2022
Date Received : April 27, 2022
Received AOR : June 1, 2022
Medical Request: June 2, 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiikii

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
Hi. I included an open work permit in my common-law sponsorship application for my partner. We already received the AOR and instructions for the medical. Will they send us something like a proof that my partner is already eligible to work? TIA

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi. I included an open work permit in my common-law sponsorship application for my partner. We already received the AOR and instructions for the medical. Will they send us something like a proof that my partner is already eligible to work? TIA
What was your patner's status before the sponsorship application? He/she will have implied status until the OWP is approved.
If he/she is a visitor, then no, needs to wait till the OWP is approved to start working.

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
What was your patner's status before the sponsorship application? He/she will have implied status until the OWP is approved.
If he/she is a visitor, then no, needs to wait till the OWP is approved to start working.
She’s a tourist using ETA, we request for extension every 6 months since we lived together in 2019.

Reactions: Kiikii

Prabh12345

Apr 2, 2022
Submitted via courier to CPC Mississauga for Common Law Spouse

- Sent: April 8 2022
- AOR: May 10 2022 (electronic)
- Start of Processing: May 9 2022
- Request for Medicals: May 10 2022
Hi i received my pcc request on june 7
Mu medicsl request came like a month ago
Hos much timr do guys think it will tske from here ?

tsuji

Jun 2, 2022
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Adding to the pile

Mailed to CPC Mississauga: April 22nd
Delivered: April 25th
AOR1: May 3rd
AOR: May 27th