+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
new update: I got the interview email and it's apparently IN PERSON.... I'm confused since I've seen everyone do it online...
Since I'm still out of Canada, I might send them an email requesting for online interview instead.
congrats i knows that feels great

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
finally an update!!!
Apparently I have an interview on September 27. Still 2 weeks away, but better then nothing...
that's 10 days before the 18 months! It's like they were waiting to process me in the last minute...
Anyways, I'm still mad at them, but it's so good to not seeing that March 2nd date anymore!
new update: I got the interview email and it's apparently IN PERSON.... I'm confused since I've seen everyone do it online...
Since I'm still out of Canada, I might send them an email requesting for online interview instead.
You have to be in Canada, I recommend you book a ticket and do it in person or else they will push you for only God knows how long! Keep in mind lots are in Canada who are still waiting and those might have a priority in the queue.

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
It,s so funny how folks in April 2023 applications are moving so fast a number of them have already done their oath most of them LLP is completed an we here with just BG completed along with test and from the same Sydney office i just dont know what to say

• Sad
Reactions: ada228

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
It,s so funny how folks in April 2023 applications are moving so fast a number of them have already done their oath most of them LLP is completed an we here with just BG completed along with test and from the same Sydney office i just dont know what to say
My cousin applied in August 2021, did his test on June 2022, and nothing since then, I ordered him GCMS notes earlier this month and got them but nothing on it about the reason of the delay!! don't want to give you bad vibes, but lots are stuck and they don't even know this forum exists to share their experience!

My cousin's application might be different, he is on ontario works for disabled people as well he requested a waiver from the language requirements (which I personally believe that's the reason of the delay)

ShajBD

Aug 12, 2023
Good morning all
My application fill date is March 16, 2022. When will my application process time cross 18 months? I have only got ghost updated on March 2 3023
After that no update. I have completed my test on 8 August 2022

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Good morning all
My application fill date is March 16, 2022. When will my application process time cross 18 months? I have only got ghost updated on March 2 3023
After that no update. I have completed my test on 8 August 2022
September 16.

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi - very similar situation to yours. Did you emailed them about this?

Thanks!
you mean the in-person interview? I emailed them asking for online interview, but I'm still waiting for a reply. Hopefully they will answer soon, since I need to prepare my trip if they reject it.

vlncn89

Sep 13, 2023
you mean the in-person interview? I emailed them asking for online interview, but I'm still waiting for a reply. Hopefully they will answer soon, since I need to prepare my trip if they reject it.
Same for me. I was debating on not asking for online as it might be detrimental for the outcome of my interview? Not sure if this is an actual concern.

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Same for me. I was debating on not asking for online as it might be detrimental for the outcome of my interview? Not sure if this is an actual concern.
I hope not... I think the worst thing that can happen is the interview getting canceled and needing to wait longer to get another one.
The only issue so far is that it's been more than 48 hours and they haven't responded yet. I hope they reply soon otherwise it's hard to plan my trip.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
I received a reply from the IRCC Minister's office this morning (I emailed at Marc.Miller@parl.gc.ca and minister@cic.gc.ca them on August 15), with some fantastic news for myself:

Enquiries were made with departmental officials. The officials informed me that your application was recently finalized, and the Department will contact you with the date you are scheduled to appear for your oath ceremony. Please verify your online account on a frequent basis.

My last update was a GU on August 18. Here's hoping the Oath is soon as I have concert tickets in Dallas at the end of Oct!

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
I received a reply from the IRCC Minister's office this morning (I emailed at Marc.Miller@parl.gc.ca and minister@cic.gc.ca them on August 15), with some fantastic news for myself:

Enquiries were made with departmental officials. The officials informed me that your application was recently finalized, and the Department will contact you with the date you are scheduled to appear for your oath ceremony. Please verify your online account on a frequent basis.

My last update was a GU on August 18. Here's hoping the Oath is soon as I have concert tickets in Dallas at the end of Oct!
Congrats!
Is this MP for your area or anyone can just email him? And what did you ask him if you don't mind me asking?

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Congrats!
Is this MP for your area or anyone can just email him? And what did you ask him if you don't mind me asking?
No this is the Immigration minister. My MP didn't do much other than talk to IRCC to be told 'everything is fine'. I wrote that I was concerned mine, and many others, had our application stuck at the Sydney office and referenced the media article from awhile ago where cases were being assigned to inactive employees. I gave my timelines, and that I have contacted my MP and am getting no answers on why my application is taking so long.