+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Sure, I did it a little earlier in the thread, but I will copy and post it here

“It was in person. Bring a print out of the invite if possible, they looked at my phone, but seemed they were happier getting a physical copy of the invite to tick you off the list. They had several people interviewing at the same time slot, so they put you in order of arrival so I got to go in first for my timeslot. So would recommend getting there a little earlier to get out quicker.
Took birth certificate, university degree, all passports (expired and not) that I currently possess, pr card, copy of application, drivers license, print outs of travel itneraries from the last 5 years.

They only looked at passports and pr card.

i heard that sometimes oath happens at same time, but no evidence on the day I was there. I was told up to 4 month wait for the oath, mine will end uo being about a month.”
Appreciate the details.

Mine is an online interview.

Lao_Ma

May 4, 2023
Sure, I did it a little earlier in the thread, but I will copy and post it here

“It was in person. Bring a print out of the invite if possible, they looked at my phone, but seemed they were happier getting a physical copy of the invite to tick you off the list. They had several people interviewing at the same time slot, so they put you in order of arrival so I got to go in first for my timeslot. So would recommend getting there a little earlier to get out quicker.
Took birth certificate, university degree, all passports (expired and not) that I currently possess, pr card, copy of application, drivers license, print outs of travel itneraries from the last 5 years.

They only looked at passports and pr card.

i heard that sometimes oath happens at same time, but no evidence on the day I was there. I was told up to 4 month wait for the oath, mine will end uo being about a month.”
in terms of questions they just asked me questions that had been answered on the form already and asked me if I intended to travel soon.

Reactions: Kanedaa

Lao_Ma

May 4, 2023
Good luck, hope you hear soon.

Got the email for my oath yesterday. Came from Mississauga, it’s virtual on June 26. The letter kept saying physical certificate everywhere so I emailed and asked for electronic, I will post if I hear back.
Confirmation email from mississauga today saying that they have marked my application as e-certificate requested and instructions on how to download it. The email said it would be available 2-5 business days after I submit my signed affirmation of citizenship.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Confirmation email from mississauga today saying that they have marked my application as e-certificate requested and instructions on how to download it. The email said it would be available 2-5 business days after I submit my signed affirmation of citizenship.
Do you already have the instruction email to download the e-certificate?

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hi Team,

I am in a weird situation. My tracker is stuck on loading, so I called the helpline yesterday, and they told me that my oath is scheduled for June 29th with the Mississauga office, and they had sent me an email on June 15th, though I didn't get any email. I checked my junk everywhere.

This morning I got an email from client support saying that this is the letter we sent you. It looks like it's in some old format and doesn't look like a current oath document, plus it doesn't have any zoom links or instructions on how to join a meeting.

What should I do? Please suggest.

Lao_Ma

May 4, 2023
Hi Team,

I am in a weird situation. My tracker is stuck on loading, so I called the helpline yesterday, and they told me that my oath is scheduled for June 29th with the Mississauga office, and they had sent me an email on June 15th, though I didn't get any email. I checked my junk everywhere.

This morning I got an email from client support saying that this is the letter we sent you. It looks like it's in some old format and doesn't look like a current oath document, plus it doesn't have any zoom links or instructions on how to join a meeting.

What should I do? Please suggest.
I would follow up with them again. It does seem June 29 would be virtual as there are no in person oaths at mississauga on that day per their website https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

My zoom details came in an attached form to my original invite email.

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Do you guys get a confirmation email after submitting a webform?
My tracker says that my oath is on June 29 and I did not receive any emails. I submitted a webform asking for the letter.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Do you guys get a confirmation email after submitting a webform?
My tracker says that my oath is on June 29 and I did not receive any emails. I submitted a webform asking for the letter.
Webform is a bit slow for such communication. Better give a call.

Saucer

Oct 28, 2019
Anyone know how long it takes after LPP/Citizenship test/Background verification is done until my Citizenship ceremony changes from "Not Started"?

Is there a "Decision Made" status too? Mine still says "In Progress"

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Anyone know how long it takes after LPP/Citizenship test/Background verification is done until my Citizenship ceremony changes from "Not Started"?

Is there a "Decision Made" status too? Mine still says "In Progress"
Decision Made is for paper application on separate tracker called as ECAS.