+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello all
Just a quick question that do you have a choice to get an e certificate or paper certificate after oath because in my oath instructions says that I will get a paper certificate after the oath with in 2 to 4 weeks.
Does is happen to everyone or you will get a choice.
Thanks
Jas

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all
Just a quick question that do you have a choice to get an e certificate or paper certificate after oath because in my oath instructions says that I will get a paper certificate after the oath with in 2 to 4 weeks.
Does is happen to everyone or you will get a choice.
Thanks
Jas
Some have replied to the same email and requested for an e-certificate and they have approved it. You can try it, if you interested in e-certificate.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Some have replied to the same email and requested for an e-certificate and they have approved it. You can try it, if you interested in e-certificate.
Thanks for a great idea and I should reply to the same email from which I received the oath email right.
Thanks
Jas

AAlli

Jan 2, 2019
Greetings -

I applied March 2022 and only just got invited for the test which I wrote a few days ago and passed. I was not in the country and got approval to write the test outside Canada.

However, I got an email asking me whether I am back in the country (I am not) and if the answer is "No", I should send proof of my departure from Canada a (I left a month ago and happy to send them the flight ticket. I was also asked to send every page of my current passport.

Question - do I absolutely have to fly back into Canada to respond to the email? Also, I am unsure when I will be back (probably in another month), would that mean that the process cannot move ahead (after having sent the evidence) simply because I am not able to type "Yes" to currently being in the country.

Thank You!!!

Reactions: diogosouza

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Physical Days: 1190
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: April 17, 2022
Delivered: April 17, 2022 (online)

Update 1:
AOR:
May 3, 2022

Update 2:
In process ecas:
May 4, 2022

Update 3:
BG Complete:
Nov 21, 2022
BG Complete - online tracker updated: Nov 24, 2022
No prior ghost update(s).

Update 4:
Citizenship test activity updated online:
Nov 24, 2022
Citizenship test activity - online tracker updated: Nov 26, 2022
Test window: Dec 2 to Dec 22, 2022
No official test invite email was received.

Update 5:
Citizenship test invite email received:
Nov 30, 2022 (Scarborough office)
Additional document requested in the test invite letter: Passport - all pages, coloured scanned copy requested to be sent via email within 30 calendar days

Update 6:
Passport copy emailed:
Dec 1, 2022
Passport copy acknowledgement received from IRCC official: Dec 1, 2022 (within approximately 1 hr 30 mins of emailing them)

Update 7:
Citizenship test date:
Dec 3, 2022
I used Ontario Photo ID for the test and took the test on a Macbook with the built-in camera; didn't experience any issues.

Update 8:
Citizenship test status marked as 'Complete':
Dec 5, 2022
Citizenship test status - online tracker updated: Dec 7, 2022
Request to update the Apr 2022 citizenship applicants tracker:

Update 9:
Interview request on the tracker:
May 13, 2023
Interview request email: May 16, 2023
In-person interview: June 8, 2023 (SCR office)
LPP complete: June 8, 2023 (Reflected on the tracker - June 10, 2023)
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Greetings -

I applied March 2022 and only just got invited for the test which I wrote a few days ago and passed. I was not in the country and got approval to write the test outside Canada.

However, I got an email asking me whether I am back in the country (I am not) and if the answer is "No", I should send proof of my departure from Canada a (I left a month ago and happy to send them the flight ticket. I was also asked to send every page of my current passport.

Question - do I absolutely have to fly back into Canada to respond to the email? Also, I am unsure when I will be back (probably in another month), would that mean that the process cannot move ahead (after having sent the evidence) simply because I am not able to type "Yes" to currently being in the country.

Thank You!!!
Interesting... I am also interested in knowing the reasoning behind their question.

As far as I know, being in Canada is not a requirement after you apply for Citizenship. The only requirement is having enough points (days in Canada) when you applied. For that reason, I hope that they don't stop someone's process (ie: no oath invitation) just because they are still outside Canada.

It's also interesting that they're asking for proof of departure, instead of proof of return (in case the answer is "yes"). It feels like they have reasons to think you're in Canada and want proof since you said you're not.