+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Finally got oath invite, May 21.

April AOR, passed test Nov 30 and total silence till today when I got the email. Stopped checking my tracker for LPP updates since March and just figured I’ll get an email when it’s oath time. Got the invite email and decided to check tracker, LPP was done May 2nd. Scarborough office but oath is in-person and in Mississauga.
Congrats! envy you on your patience in not checking the tracker!!! looks similar to what happened with me, test invite came from Scarborough then they transferred my file to my local office (Mississauga), I believe the delay is only till another officer open the file to finalize at Mississauga's

SSDCA

Sep 21, 2015
Finally got oath invite, May 21.

April AOR, passed test Nov 30 and total silence till today when I got the email. Stopped checking my tracker for LPP updates since March and just figured I’ll get an email when it’s oath time. Got the invite email and decided to check tracker, LPP was done May 2nd. Scarborough office but oath is in-person and in Mississauga.
when was the background check done ?
my background check is still outstanding. language, physicalpresence, tests are completed

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
i call ircc just now ask if my LPP has started as yet they said no i ask if my application was at SCR they said no its at Sydney wow how did it get there no hope in sight it now 3 months next week since my test are they for real

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
i call ircc just now ask if my LPP has started as yet they said no i ask if my application was at SCR they said no its at Sydney wow how did it get there no hope in sight it now 3 months next week since my test are they for real
4-6 months after test to get your ceremony (not a standard thing), and yes they can transfer applications to other offices, depending on their working load as well your location. Do you live around Sydney?

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
Congrats! envy you on your patience in not checking the tracker!!! looks similar to what happened with me, test invite came from Scarborough then they transferred my file to my local office (Mississauga), I believe the delay is only till another officer open the file to finalize at Mississauga's
I got the Oath invite yesterday as well. As it is in person, do we get the certificate right away. I have a trip planned on 4th June, trying to see if we can still make it or need to delay. Any experience is getting passport quickly?

Reactions: ppcg2510 and ada228

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I got the Oath invite yesterday as well. As it is in person, do we get the certificate right away. I have a trip planned on 4th June, trying to see if we can still make it or need to delay. Any experience is getting passport quickly?
Yes you will get the certificate on the spot! and you can apply for passport same day

Last edited:
Reactions: ppcg2510