+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

mjpaula

Mar 11, 2019
Just saw that I'm scheduled for the Oath on March 7, but haven't received any email yet.

My timeline:
AOR: April 7, 2022
Background: Oct 19, 2022
Citizenship test: Nov 19, 2022
Prohibitions, Physical presence, Language Skills: Dec 22, 2022
Oath update on tracker: Feb 14, 2023
Scheduled for Oath: Mar 7, 2023

It doesn't say if its online or in person.
I applied Online, and I believe the office is Vancouver (email West Citizenship EApp)

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
we checked the email from CIC again last night and realized she did not reply properly, she forgot to change the subject line of the reply email.

also realizing that we probably need to translate the stamps too. only have one day left!

if you know of a place that can translate the stamps on a passport in one day in Vancouver please let me know.
update.
translationsinmotion will do translations of passport stamps on the same day.

Reactions: 747-captain

armedforces4

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Online application submitted April 29, 2022
AOR May 9, 2022
London, Ontatio
Background completed December 16
Nothing since then

Only two months difference in the timeframe between me and my family and all of them got the passports 5 months ago.

Fedupwaiting
Many application their AOR after April/ May and got invitation for oath
Any explanation?

Reactions: Rorosgurl

Jazzy_21

Dec 8, 2022
It happened in my case, also if you look at the excel file you will find similar examples.
Thanks. Any reason why it would be so. I always thought we only get test invite after getting the background verification done.
It happened in my case, also if you look at the excel file you will find similar examples.
Thanks. But why would they sent test invite when background is still in progress…Just wondering

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Thanks. Any reason why it would be so. I always thought we only get test invite after getting the background verification done.

Thanks. But why would they sent test invite when background is still in progress…Just wondering
No idea, my guess is because I got finger print request. I completed my test before BG was completed

firstax

Dec 8, 2018

Sometimes they do the different stages in parallel to speed up processing.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Online application submitted April 29, 2022
AOR May 9, 2022
London, Ontatio
Background completed December 16
Nothing since then

Only two months difference in the timeframe between me and my family and all of them got the passports 5 months ago.

Fedupwaiting
Many application their AOR after April/ May and got invitation for oath
Any explanation?
I am in London as well and my processing office is sleepy Niagara. Background completed Dec 23rd. No test invite. I found out by calling the no help ircc . When you call they will tell you your processing office . Good luck and keep me posted .

dodgeram12

Dec 6, 2022
ONLINE TEST EXPERIENCE PLEASE?

I have received the test invite last week and I am preparing for it and have below questions.

- Do they have proctor available online?
- what documents other than my canadian driver license & passport i would need?
- there are so many dates and names in history chapters, hard to remember. is the actual test that hard?
- Anything else to keep in mind?