+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi everyone

I had a ghost update yesterday 26 October and I was hoping to see some changes on the tracker but didn’t see any changes so can anyone please tell me if they know when to expect any changes and best of luck to you all

April 2022 online applicant application sent and delivered on 2 April and AOR on 12 April so please if someone can shed some light.

thanks
Jas

Baldini

Nov 21, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-05-2019
IELTS Request
28-05-2019
Med's Request
28-05-2019
Med's Done....
05-07-2019
Hi everyone!

Paper applications are starting to move,
Aor: Apr 4
Background check: Oct 19
Citizen test update: Oct 25
Schedule for citizen test: Oct 31

Physical Days: 1099
Method: Paper
Applicants: individual
Application sent: March 31, 2022
Delivered: March 31, 2022
AOR : April 04, 2022
Background check completed: October 19, 2022
Test invite: October 25, 2022
Test to be taken: October 31- November 21, 2022
Test status changed to completed:
Decision made :
Oath Scheduled:

xxxalicia2019

Apr 3, 2019
Hey guys,
Follow me timeline:

Family paper application (4 people)
*Apr 29, 2022, Application filed/received

*Jun 6, 2022, Activity status updated: Background verification

*Jun 20, 2022,Activity status updated: Citizenship test

*Jun 24, 2022, Scheduled for citizenship test

*Jul 5, 2022, Activity status updated: Citizenship test/done

*October 24, email from IRCC
(DN Cit WIN)
Asking for all passport's pages.

*October 25, IRCC agent called to resend the emails again. Their system failed to get my previous email.
He made some questions to confirm my physical presence.
Note: the guy told that I should have a update in my application in 2 week.

Reactions: iceman55 and RamyMN

jumppluffww

Sep 13, 2019
Method: Online
Applicant: Single Adult
AOR: April 25, 2022
Office: Sydney

Language skills, background, physical presence and prohibitions all "in progress".

Last edited:
Reactions: ppcg2510

OhCanada25

Apr 19, 2017
AOR: April 27, 2022

Seems online applications are lagging way behind. I am still stuck at Language skills, background, physical presence and prohibitions "in progress". Some of the paper applications from same time of applying have scheduled exams already. The poster above me seems to be same situation as I am. Is this a known fact that online apps are slower?

jumppluffww

Sep 13, 2019
Seems online applications are lagging way behind. I am still stuck at Language skills, background, physical presence and prohibitions "in progress". Some of the paper applications from same time of applying have scheduled exams already. The poster above me seems to be same situation as I am. Is this a known fast that online apps are slower?
Yeah I think that's the case unfortunately: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2021-2022-online-applicants.769904/

And I actually sent in my application around March 25 but only got AOR a month later. I see that some people got AOR within a few days of confirmation of delivery. Interesting.

I'm looking through the earlier posts, and in fact some people have taken their test as early as June.

Anyway, I was prepared to wait 27 months and didn't even think to check the status. Happy to see it moving forward for some of us at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhCanada25

OhCanada25

Apr 19, 2017
Exactly. And I actually sent in my application around March 25 but only got AOR a month later. I see that some people got AOR within a few days of confirmation of delivery. Interesting.

I'm looking through the earlier posts, and in fact some people have taken their test as early as June.

Anyway, I was prepared to wait 27 months and didn't even think to check the status. Happy to see it moving forward for some of us at least.
Yeah, I thought online will be easier for CIC to review and perhaps be same speed (if not quicker) as paper and thus went with it. I guess those 27 months are for online applications only, lol.

Oh well, we are the guinea pigs, I am hoping this helps someone who is yet to apply.

Reactions: jumppluffww

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019

Seems online applications are lagging way behind. I am still stuck at Language skills, background, physical presence and prohibitions "in progress". Some of the paper applications from same time of applying have scheduled exams already. The poster above me seems to be same situation as I am. Is this a known fact that online apps are slower?
given the large back log of paper applicants due to Covid 19, and the fact that online application only came available in Sept2020 for single adult applicants. The 2022-2023 plan focused on reducing the paper applications backlog and enabling online applications to eligible minors and family applications. That is why the quota for online application processing is much lower than paper processing.

That being said, applications vary in complexity depending on how easy it is to verify the supporting documents and obtaining security checks. Hence some June online applicants might get processed before Jan paper or online applicants.

IRCC reported that 80% of the current backlog fall within the service standards timeframe of 12 months. The current backlog has dropped from 45% in Jan to 30% in Sep, while the target backlog is 20%.

Reactions: A_S

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello all

I had a ghost update on 26 October and when I checked today there is again ghost update today 28 October but everything else is in progress
What’s the meaning of this updates can anyone elaborate please
Online applicant April 2022
Application sent and delivered on 2 April and AOR 12 April
Thanks
Jas

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018

Online applications with early to mid April AORs have gotten test invites so hang in there, online is catching up

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hey guys,
Follow me timeline:

Family paper application (4 people)
*Apr 29, 2022, Application filed/received

*Jun 6, 2022, Activity status updated: Background verification

*Jun 20, 2022,Activity status updated: Citizenship test

*Jun 24, 2022, Scheduled for citizenship test

*Jul 5, 2022, Activity status updated: Citizenship test/done

*October 24, email from IRCC
(DN Cit WIN)
Asking for all passport's pages.

*October 25, IRCC agent called to resend the emails again. Their system failed to get my previous email.
He made some questions to confirm my physical presence.
Note: the guy told that I should have a update in my application in 2 week.
If you had applied with your family by paper, why are they asking for all passport pages again?

Normally paper applications require all the passport pages to be included with the original application.

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
If you had applied with your family by paper, why are they asking for all passport pages again?

Normally paper applications require all the passport pages to be included with the original application.
Older documents checklist only require bio page. These document checklists are still valid for paper submissions.

Reactions: iceman55

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi everyone

Online applicant application sent/delivered 2 April,AOR 22 April and I had two ghost updates 26 October and 28 October but everything else is still in progress so I want to ask when can I see some changes on the online tracker

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
No one can say for sure. Ghost update means they’ve opened your application so you should see something soon in the coming weeks. Please stop posting the same question multiple times in multiple threads.
Lol, some people get excited when they see any movement on their files, especially after 6 months from AOR. Their peers on Paper applications already have passports. That being said there's no timeframe that IRCC follows, it's all random. It can be in a few days to a few weeks to a few months. Just be checking your tracker and emails daily so you get any updates on time.