+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
I ordered GCMS notes on September 15th and haven’t heard back. It seems that they will not be meeting their 30 day commitment.
I don't know if there is something we can do to follow up regarding the notes request, or de we just wait ?

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
I don't know if there is something we can do to follow up regarding the notes request, or de we just wait ?
I’m thinking of submitting a web form to get status of the request. Let me know if you think that’s a good idea.

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
I am thinking about it too. I don't know how long it would take to respond to the query, but we won't lose anything by asking about the status. I came across the link below, hope it helps !

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=464&top=1
Thank you for sharing this. I sent an email on the email address given on this page and got the below response. This inefficient government will use COVID as an excuse for their incompetence till eternity.

(Le français suit.)

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

IRCC currently has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in responding to all requests under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, as well as any emails sent to this email address, during this period.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Is NGF a good/fast office? and does it receive the application randomly or it serves only the Niagara Falls region?
Yes, it's usually a really fast office. But I think sometime back they moved a significant percentage of oath responsibilities from most GTA offices to NGF (not sure if it's only for backlogged applicants or everyone). Since then it's been slighltly unpredictable but still among the top 3 or 4 in the country and way, way better than the slower offices.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Thank you for sharing this. I sent an email on the email address given on this page and got the below response. This inefficient government will use COVID as an excuse for their incompetence till eternity.

(Le français suit.)

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

IRCC currently has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in responding to all requests under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, as well as any emails sent to this email address, during this period.
Yeah man, I got the same response too . Guess all we can do now is wait !

Reactions: diniztv

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hey, anyone had their tracker updated for oath citizenship a week before the scheduled date? When do you receive the email instructions?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
My application had all other status except citizenship oath updated to complete on Oct 18. I couldn't find my original post, Admin can you please update?