+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I am not sure how AOR looks like? Can someone explain? Is it a PDF file or just an email? If its just an email, what will it say?
AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt". If you have received an e-mail with these words and if it mentions an Application Number assigned to you, then you have already received an AOR. You can use this information to create an account and track your application in the tracker

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt". If you have received an e-mail with these words and if it mentions an Application Number assigned to you, then you have already received an AOR. You can use this information to create an account and track your application in the tracker
Thank you very much for clarifying.

Sunny2049

Sep 10, 2022
Good morning, I applied for my online application on 5th of May n I got an email the same day saying my file number has been created n they are working on it, after 12 days Ii got another email? The 17th email said your application was created on the 5th of May n currently in progress. Can someone tell me which is an AOR?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Good morning, I applied for my online application on 5th of May n I got an email the same day saying my file number has been created n they are working on it, after 12 days Ii got another email? The 17th email said your application was created on the 5th of May n currently in progress. Can someone tell me which is an AOR?
The first e-mail with your File number is your Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Read through the body of the e-mail and you'll find the word "Acknowledgement".

The second one looks like is just an update that it's in progress and you'll be able to track your application online

Reactions: Sunny2049

Sunny2049

Sep 10, 2022
The first e-mail with your File number is your Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Read through the body of the e-mail and you'll find the word "Acknowledgement".

The second one looks like is just an update that it's in progress and you'll be able to track your application online
Thank you so much am surprised the AOR was sent out on the same day. But nothing after that. Looks like online applications from Jan are getting processed. Still a long way to go.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thank you so much am surprised the AOR was sent out on the same day. But nothing after that. Looks like online applications from Jan are getting processed. Still a long way to go.
Could you post your full timeline like so for the spreadsheet:

Type: Online application/Paper application
Application: Single/Family(number of family members)
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharing

Kunalmahajan

Nov 27, 2018
Hi I applied for canada citizenship in April with below details

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days:1142
Application: Single
Application sent: 28th April
Delivered: same day
AOR:??

I did not receive any AOR email but my status that I can login in to says in everything is in progress. The only information I have is a email saying application filed on May 6th 2022

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi I applied for canada citizenship in April with below details

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days:1142
Application: Single
Application sent: 28th April
Delivered: same day
AOR:??

I did not receive any AOR email but my status that I can login in to says in everything is in progress. The only information I have is a email saying application filed on May 6th 2022
The email on May 6th saying your application was filed with an Application Number is the "AOR" or Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is how you are able to login to the portal and check your status

Kunalmahajan

Nov 27, 2018
The email on May 6th saying your application was filed with an Application Number is the "AOR" or Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is how you are able to login to the portal and check your status
Up in the thread I read that it should mention Acknowledgement of Receipt ?

below is what I got

Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on May 6, 2022 and is currently in progress.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Up in the thread I read that it should mention Acknowledgement of Receipt ?

below is what I got

Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on May 6, 2022 and is currently in progress.
We use several terms and acronyms here I guess. Usually the emails were generally worded with "acknowledgement" in them.

Essentially AOR means that they are letting you know that they received your application, it is complete, they have created a file for you in their system, and it is in progress. And you can use the File/Application number to track it online using the tracker.