Application sent: April 08, 2022
Delivered: April 13, 2022
AOR: May 3, 2022
Language Skills: In progress
Physical Presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
Background Completed: June 1, 2022
Test Invite: July 04, 2022 (Test Window: July 4, 2022 and July 25, 2022)
Test Taken: July 19, 2022
Hi, When did your test show as completed on the tracker?

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hello Team,

Need your valuable suggestion. I applied online and I didn't get any update after AOR. I called and confirmed, the file is in NS still.

The question is that, in the past, I worked for a staffing agency but used to work at the client location. However, in the application I mentioned the employer's (staffing agency) address. I saw different forums. Some suggest putting the actual work location, while others say to provide the employer's address.

I am worried. Should I raise a webform and provide a letter of explanation (for the address) to include it in my application? Will additional information complicate the application? Or shall I just wait and see the progress?

Thanks.

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
May be wait for either the AOR or the notice that they're returning your application.

AOR is very fast these days - I'm a bit surprised you haven't received AOR after 9 days. If you don't get AOR in another week or 10 days, chances are they will return your application but I'm not entirely sure they'll return your application for this.

If they issue an AOR - which is still likely - since you have much more days than required anyways - then as soon as you it, you can write a detailed explanation and send it both by webform as well as by physical mail to the same "Grants Adults" Sydney address. Include your UCI and the Application number from the AOR.

Typically they take webform requests and add it to your citizenship file so the processing officer will have a chance to look at it. It's preferable to send a physical communication as well since you're from Edmonton. I don't have any personal experience with them but by every single measure they seem to be the worst office in the entire country. So you don't want to get into further delays like two years into the process just because of this.

It's not a matter of eligibility since you're well over the 1095 days its just a matter of notification and making sure in case it gets in the wrong hands they don't use this to delay your application.

Instead of issuing an AOR, if they return the application, of course you can only correct it and resend. Either ways its not a big deal.

In case you get the AOR and then send the webform, after a month or so, just call the helpline and confirm it's added to your file. There's a long history of citizenship files being forgotten and sitting untouched for long periods whenever they have some questions especially about physical presence.

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Thanks! Yeah. It was returned to me today not because of that issue. Both applications, mine and my husband were marked as COMPLETE. It was returned because of my daughter's application. I have to send them another copy of her identification and I forgot to put a date on her date of signature.

I put today's date and send them a copy of her health card.

I hope everything is okay now.

Garvin

Oct 24, 2016
Just want to update my timeline with you guys:

Physical Days: 1138
Method: Paper
Applicants: Single
Application sent: April 14, 2022
Delivered: April 19, 2022
AOR : May 4, 2022 [sign up the status tracker 24 hours after receiving AOR: In progress, April 27, 2022 - Application filed

Ghost Updated : 4 July, 2022
Ecas changed from Application received to In Process: 4 July 2022
Background updated on status tracker: Completed on 6 July 2022

Update on 27th July 2022
Scheduled for Test: August 2nd to Aug 22th

Test Taken: August 2, 2022
Updated on August 4: Test Completed August 3, 2022

Updated on August 23rd: 5/6 status: Completed; Citizenship ceremony: Not Started.
Ecas changed today into Decision Made

Last edited:

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

AOR : May 4, 2022 [sign up the status tracker 24 hours after receiving AOR: In progress, April 27, 2022 - Application filed

Update on 27th July 2022

Updated on August 23rd: 5/6 status: Completed; Citizenship ceremony: Not Started.
Congrats! Your application is moving quickly!

Is yours a standard application or was it urgent processing? I have a very similar timeline to yours. Test completed 29th July (marked as complete August 1st) and no further updates since then.

Reactions: Garvin

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Is yours a standard application or was it urgent processing? I have a very similar timeline to yours. Test completed 29th July (marked as complete August 1st) and no further updates since then.
Similar timelines to both of you, and my application is at the Mississauga office. Maybe updates for us coming very soon too?

Reactions: Garvin

Garvin

Oct 24, 2016

My application is standard one, not urgent processing. Hopefully you will have new update soon.

naten

Feb 20, 2018

Update on 27th July 2022

when they send you the test email, did they update ECAS tracker? Reason I ask is I can't access the online tracker.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Admin, please update tracker

Application type: Paper
Physical presence: 1386 days
Application: Family of 4 (2adult and 2children)
Application sent: Apr 18, 2022
Application received: Apr 19, 2022
AOR : May 4th 2022
IP: May 5th 2022
Background updated as completed : June 13th

Update today 24th Aug
Scheduled for Test: August 26th to Sep 15th

Thanks

Reactions: A_S and Garvin

The F7

Jul 16, 2022
Hi Guys need help yesterday i got email from IRCC and they ask me to send them passport color copy (which i send them today), any reason?. Applied on 11th april 2022 paper base test done june 30.

Garvin

Oct 24, 2016
when they send you the test email, did they update ECAS tracker? Reason I ask is I can't access the online tracker.
Actually I check my tracker everyday at 8h15' am (ON time) and saw the new update on new tracker first. And then they send me the test email at 10h30 on the same day. The old ecas also was updated same day for every step of my application.

Reactions: A_S and iceman55

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Actually I check my tracker everyday at 8h15' am (ON time) and saw the new update on new tracker first. And then they send me the test email at 10h30 on the same day. The old ecas also was updated same day for every step of my application.
thanks, as some people didnt receive any updates on test in the old tracker so I just wonder.

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hello Team,

Need your valuable suggestion. I applied online and I didn't get any update after AOR. I called and confirmed, the file is in NS still.

The question is that, in the past, I worked for a staffing agency but used to work at the client location. However, in the application I mentioned the employer's (staffing agency) address. I saw different forums. Some suggest putting the actual work location, while others say to provide the employer's address.

I am worried. Should I raise a webform and provide a letter of explanation (for the address) to include it in my application? Will additional information complicate the application? Or shall I just wait and see the progress?

Thanks.

Can anyone please advise?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Can anyone please advise?
You don't have to do anything, what you mentioned is nothing to worry about. Web form can actually slow down your application. You already got the AOR, so you are on the safe side.

By the way, most online applications on the same boat.