+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Any online applicants heard back or got any updates since they received the AOR email?
I have 0 updates!! very frustrating
Too early for April online applicants - online applicants from Nov to Jan are just seeing some movement - so I suppose it will end of the year before we hear anything if at all unless things speed up

Reactions: ppcg2510

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Too early for April online applicants - online applicants from Nov to Jan are just seeing some movement - so I suppose it will end of the year before we hear anything if at all unless things speed up
And here I thought online application would be faster...

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
And here I thought online application would be faster...
Same here bro. Thought that the processing officers would be glad to do it from their homes.

Reactions: Meeee1

Meeee1

Aug 5, 2022
Any online applicants heard back or got any updates since they received the AOR email?
No update yet… looking at the pace paper submission is going, I think they will start treating online submissions from September/October.. (wishful thinking)

It can be very frustrating, I try to console myself with the fact that the application is usually between 12 months. All I can do is WAIT..

While waiting I want to start preparing for the exam can anyone please share links for Citizenship exam practice test. Thank you

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
No update yet… looking at the pace paper submission is going, I think they will start treating online submissions from September/October.. (wishful thinking)

It can be very frustrating, I try to console myself with the fact that the application is usually between 12 months. All I can do is WAIT..

While waiting I want to start preparing for the exam can anyone please share links for Citizenship exam practice test. Thank you

refere to this thread for the test materials

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2022-citizenship-applications.764072/page-27

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Hi. I have a question. As I was filling out for my family PR forms (PR renewal), I notice that I made a mistake on the date of my husband's Date of PR for our Citizenship Application. I put March 6, instead of March 7. What should I do?

Type: Paper Application
Physical Presence Days: 1,808
Application: 3 Members
Application sent: Aug 4, 2022
Delivered: Aug 10, 2022
AOR: Pending

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi. I have a question. As I was filling out for my family PR forms (PR renewal), I notice that I made a mistake on the date of my husband's Date of PR for our Citizenship Application. I put March 6, instead of March 7. What should I do?

Type: Paper Application
Physical Presence Days: 1,808
Application: 3 Members
Application sent: Aug 4, 2022
Delivered: Aug 10, 2022
AOR: Pending
May be wait for either the AOR or the notice that they're returning your application.

AOR is very fast these days - I'm a bit surprised you haven't received AOR after 9 days. If you don't get AOR in another week or 10 days, chances are they will return your application but I'm not entirely sure they'll return your application for this.

If they issue an AOR - which is still likely - since you have much more days than required anyways - then as soon as you it, you can write a detailed explanation and send it both by webform as well as by physical mail to the same "Grants Adults" Sydney address. Include your UCI and the Application number from the AOR.

Typically they take webform requests and add it to your citizenship file so the processing officer will have a chance to look at it. It's preferable to send a physical communication as well since you're from Edmonton. I don't have any personal experience with them but by every single measure they seem to be the worst office in the entire country. So you don't want to get into further delays like two years into the process just because of this.

It's not a matter of eligibility since you're well over the 1095 days its just a matter of notification and making sure in case it gets in the wrong hands they don't use this to delay your application.

Instead of issuing an AOR, if they return the application, of course you can only correct it and resend. Either ways its not a big deal.

In case you get the AOR and then send the webform, after a month or so, just call the helpline and confirm it's added to your file. There's a long history of citizenship files being forgotten and sitting untouched for long periods whenever they have some questions especially about physical presence.

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
Hi, I am in the same boat. We applied online, thinking that it may be faster. But there are no updates after we received AOR in April.