+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Application sent on Apr 02, 2022 for you means you mailed/posted on this date?
Delivered means received in Nova Scotia as per tracking?

AOR Apr 22, 2022 is only 20d after you mailed! That's promising
Sorry about the confusion I applied online and it was sent and received the same day that is 2 April 2022

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
I received my AOR today and anyone can tell me when I can try to create an account to check status please let me know and thanks

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Usually it takes 24 hours. In my case it took 48 hours (trying on weekend) before I could create an account.
Before that it kept on saying - "Invalid UCI"

Reactions: eparker42

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello everyone
I received my AOR today 22 April and I just remember something that when I was filling out the application online I only mentioned my current passport and I forgot to mention the canceled one that have been expired in 2015 and I renewed it before getting PR means the visa stamp is on the current passport so my question is Did I made a mistake here by forgetting or is it okay or I have to send them the details of the canceled passport??
AOR which I received it’s the same that everyone gets so if someone can please help me here or anyone have the same thing happened with them please help me
Thanks
Jas

Last edited:

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello everyone
I received my AOR today 22 April and I just remember something that when I was filling out the application online I only mentioned my current passport and I forgot to mention the canceled one that have been expired in 2015 and I renewed it before getting PR means the visa stamp is on the current passport so my question is Did I made a mistake here by forgetting or is it okay or I have to send them the details of the canceled passport??
AOR which I received it’s the same that everyone gets so if someone can please help me here or anyone have the same thing happened with them please help me
Thanks
Jas
The answer to your question is in the question itself: "Have you held travel documents and/or passport during your five (5) year eligibility period". If you applied in 2022, your eligibility period is from 2017-2022 so whatever passport you had before that is irrelevant. Also, you already received AOR. If there was an issue you wouldn't have.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
The answer to your question is in the question itself: "Have you held travel documents and/or passport during your five (5) year eligibility period". If you applied in 2022, your eligibility period is from 2017-2022 so whatever passport you had before that is irrelevant. Also, you already received AOR. If there was an issue you wouldn't have.
Thank you so much for the answer it’s a relief

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
I received my AOR yesterday and was trying to register but it’s not letting me so should I try it on Monday because it’s weekend now or it doesn’t matter please answer if someone know about this

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I actually thought AOR just means an acknowledgement from IRCC they have received your application, and doesn't confirm whether your application is complete or incomplete.

In the case of @Jasmann21 , I think he would need to provide all passports or travel docs that date back to the eligibility period, ie all the way back to 2017. And IRCC has acknowledged receiving his submission but not necessarily confirming what IRCC received is in order and complete. Just purely saying "yes we received".

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I actually thought AOR just means an acknowledgement from IRCC they have received your application, and doesn't confirm whether your application is complete or incomplete.

In the case of @Jasmann21 , I think he would need to provide all passports or travel docs that date back to the eligibility period, ie all the way back to 2017. And IRCC has acknowledged receiving his submission but not necessarily confirming what IRCC received is in order and complete. Just purely saying "yes we received".
Wrong.
Here is direct quote from IRCC (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html)

If your application is complete

We start processing it and send you an acknowledgement of receipt letter.

Your unique client identifier (UCI) is in the acknowledgement of receipt letter.

I received my AOR yesterday and was trying to register but it’s not letting me so should I try it on Monday because it’s weekend now or it doesn’t matter please answer if someone know about this
There are speculations that the online tracker has since broken down (coinciding with the SSL certificate issues of 12th April) and you can neither register (new applicants) nor receive updates (returning applicants) at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: limhockkiong

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Physical Days: 1137
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: April 22, 2022
Delivered: April 22, 2022

Hmeer

Apr 23, 2022
Hi guys, i just submitted the citizen application today. But i didn't get signed the back of my photos by the guarranter? Would it affect my application?

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi guys, i just submitted the citizen application today. But i didn't get signed the back of my photos by the guarranter? Would it affect my application?
If you got his stamp on back of your pictures then it’s ok and it’s also depends on the file like online or paper and I applied online so I only need to upload a soft copy of my pick and fill up the details of the photographer thats on the stamp and they don’t sign on pictures only they stamp your pictures so if you did your application online you just need to fill up the information so I think you are good but not sure maybe someone else will correct me