+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
I'm tired of reading "Updated: March 2, 2023" :rolleyes: And even that was just a fake update...
I really hope that they will improve the system and make the queue progress in order. First in, first out.
Of course, if they need to wait for something out of their hands, they could update the status and move to the next person... but continue the process as soon as that "something" is ready...
Now that applications are online, they should be able to do this. Any officer, from any location, can go to the system and pick the next person in queue... no more applications stuck in slow queues.
I feel you! I just got my notes and there's absolutely no change (from the one I got in Jan) except for passed test, it's been 6 months of my file just laying there collecting dust, makes me so upset :(

Reactions: ppcg2510

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I feel you! I just got my notes and there's absolutely no change (from the one I got in Jan) except for passed test, it's been 6 months of my file just laying there collecting dust, makes me so upset :(
at least paper applications can see if a decision been made, even if there is no update on the new tracker!!

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
anyone got response who had asked for reschedule of oath ceremony?
Not for reschedule but I asked for e-certificate and they said my ceremony isn't providing e-certificate and gave me the option to reschedule to a later date where they can give me an e-certificate. I told them I don't want to reschedule in that case.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
workload redistribution from office A to B? no officer allocated? welcome to the team! It's just bad management is all. nothing else. we can call out politics, bureaucracy, etc. but it's just plain government inefficiency.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Not for reschedule but I asked for e-certificate and they said my ceremony isn't providing e-certificate and gave me the option to reschedule to a later date where they can give me an e-certificate. I told them I don't want to reschedule in that case.
Hi
You can ask the ircc official when he/she is verifying your documents and will ask you couple questions and then will say if you have any questions for them then you can ask them because I did the same thing and was allowed and I did email them for e-certificate and got a reply also to reschedule so just ask them at the ceremony

Reactions: jaskaran90

Saucer

Oct 28, 2019
Final post here. Went through the ceremony today and officially became a citizen. Thanks everyone for keeping me company in the last year as applications get delayed and best wishes to everyone to get the applications completed soon!

Tracker still shows my ceremony as in progress but should be updated in next 1-2 days

Reactions: ada228 and ppcg2510

Yameee

Dec 17, 2016
Hi All,

Received my Virtual Oath finally

Timelines

Application Type : Online, Single Applicant
Application Filed : April, 5 2022
AOR : April 5, 2022
PCC for India requested : April 6, 2022
PCC Submitted : Jun 01, 2022
Status updated: Background verification : Oct 24, 2022
Citizenship test Invite : Jan 20, 2022
Test Passed : Feb 16, 2022
Status updated: Language skills : Mar 07, 2023
Status updated: Prohibitions: Mar 07, 2023
Status updated: Physical presence: Mar 07, 2023

Citizenship ceremony : June 06, 2023 (Virtual)
Update

Citizenship Ceremony: June 06, 2023
Citizenship Certificate in Mail: June 14, 2023

Passport Appointment in Service Canada (Walk-In) : June 22, 2023
Passport Received: July 05, 2023

Finally, after 1.5 years this wait is over. All the best to everyone !!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am thinking of withdrawing my application and re-apply!! who knows anything about how to do it?
You will lose your fees and so late in the processing cycle if you reapply there is no guarantee that you may not stuck at the same place all over again.
In 4 months you have option to file mandamus, take help of your MP and call IRCC and ask to send reminder to the processing officer.

Answer to your question - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=735&top=5

Reactions: ada228

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
You will lose your fees and so late in the processing cycle if you reapply there is no guarantee that you may not stuck at the same place all over again.
In 4 months you have option to file mandamus, take help of your MP and call IRCC and ask to send reminder to the processing officer.

Answer to your question - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=735&top=5
I heard about people who filed their mandamus and nothing happened, its like some officers like to make applicants live's as hell!!! I called an hour ago and choosed the call back option, then a number with a call sign of property management company called me!!!!! I didn't take the call!!! I am afraid that was an IRCC call agent running a side business!!!!!!!!!!!

dodgeram12

Dec 6, 2022
SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW - WHAT TO EXPECT?

I got the MS Teams invite for the interview on Friday July 28. My citizenship test was completed in Feb and no update after that until the interview invite.

Are they scheduling interview for all applications or its random?
My company deployed me to USA on H1B visa last year since than I have been living here, do i need to be in Canada for the online interview?
Now I have also received US green card as my company filed for 485 for my past priority date.
What to expect in terms of questions, can you please share your experiences?
What happens after the interview?

Thank you

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
is there a way to contact them ?

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
I contacted my MP last week (even though I'm not at 19 months yet... I thought it couldn't hurt).

They have already contacted IRCC for me and as expected "It's within the standard processing time" and "there's nothing you can do but wait" was the response.

If only IRCC was as prompt as my MPs office...