+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Our applications are routine. only people who are asked to submit fingerprints, changed their address, changed their names, are considered non-routine.
its just the way they work, un-organized and inconsistency between officers ways in processing files
yeah the fingerprint one is a rumour. Not true. I have:

1. Submitted my FP. No movement since test. April 22 applicant. (Written test outside Canada)
2. Wife wasn't asked for FP. No movement since test. April 22 applicant (Written test outside Canada)
3. Close friend was asked for FP. October 22 applicant. LPP complete. Oath pending. (Test inside Canada).

ada228

Mar 23, 2023

1. Submitted my FP. No movement since test. April 22 applicant. (Written test outside Canada)
2. Wife wasn't asked for FP. No movement since test. April 22 applicant (Written test outside Canada)
3. Close friend was asked for FP. October 22 applicant. LPP complete. Oath pending. (Test inside Canada).
Have you informed IRCC that you are back to Canada? sometimes they put applications aside if they presume that applicant is out of country

Reactions: elbob

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018

Looks like security is pending. Do you know when you passed criminality and gave your test?
It looks like early April AOR are getting security clear after 6-7 months now after test.

Reactions: kareem.h.sakr

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Looks like security is pending. Do you know when you passed criminality and gave your test?
It looks like early April AOR are getting security clear after 6-7 months now after test.
gave my test and cleared in December. gave my FP and cleared background in November.

Reactions: jaskaran90

Saucer

Oct 28, 2019
HI Everyone. I see very few messages on the forum now I think most of the applicants from April 2022 have reached their final step.
But to my friends who are still stuck with LPP from Montreal office, I am also on the same boat:
I was asked for Fingerprints so I think my case is non-routine like others mentioned in the forum.
My timeline is:

Method: Online
Application Sent: April 1, 2022
AOR: April 11, 2022
Citizenship test invite: Nov 7, 2022 [Montreal office sent the test invite while BG was in-progress)
Citizenship test taken: Nov 14, 2022
Citizenship test complete: December 2, 2022
Fingerprint Request: January 6, 2023; [This fingerprint request was no where in the tracking portal]
Fingerprint given at the RCMP center on: Jan 9, 2023
Background complete: March 9, 2023
No update since then
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: still in-progress
Oath: Not Started

If there is anyone in the group who gave Fingerprints and still waiting for LPP please reply to this thread.

Some interesting things:
i) Upon contacting IRCC call center: after several atttemps I could only find rude agents who are least bothered to answer. No concern No empathy at all. Even after requesting the call center agent to provide more info the agents are just stuck with the script of "current processing time is 22 months".

*When I contacted them after some time in April 2022, the call center agent informed me that my application is currently under security check. I asked the agent that my Tracking portal shows BG is complete then he did not say. He just said no point of calling them as the info that I see in the portal is same for them. My concern is the BG shows complete in tracking portal but call center agent says security is still in progress. I don't understand what kind of security check is this if BG is complete.
Is there any checking involved in LPP? Even after BG is complete?

I submitted a webform requesting for info - no response. I tried reaching out to MP in my area. The MP office was NOT helpful at all in Montreal. Even before contacting iRCC the MP office staff rejected my request stating "your timeline is completely normal 14 months is nothing to worry about". Generally, people have to wait for 2-3 years but you are lucky that the current processing time is 21 months currently so you can contact us after 21 months" if I don't see any progress.

I have tried webform request, MP office, call center agent no HELP whatsoever.

People from 2023 got citizenship. I don't know what to say. I did not Travel for the last 5 years. Checking my background should not be difficult when I did not even leave for 1 day outside of Canada.

I contacted some people who gave fingerprints along with me in January in Montreal and their BG, LPP got completed during that mass update on Mar2 and Mar7.

Are there any finger print requests non-routine friends here in this group from Montreal stuck at LPP?

I am tired of checking the tracker everyday in hopes but as I have been 5 years straight without any travel absorbed lot of stress and complete demotivated nofaith with regards to the IRCC process.

They have no transparency, no empathy, no accountability, no human sentiments/emotions to keep people in limbo. Playing with their feelings and emotions. I hope the officer assigned to LPP stuck friends in the group are not assigned to an office who is inactive like some PR report investigation in Montreal.

If I leave Montreal and move to Toronto/Ottawa/Vancouver/Regina will there be any help to my application. Considering my residential address change? New city new hope?

It was a long post friends but please share your thoughts and kindly reply to this thread.
You're luckier than mine. At least your BG is complete. This is mine right now:
AOR: End of April 2022
Citizenship test complete: Dec 6, 2022
LPP: In progress
Background: In progress

So you're still at least 1 stage ahead of me. I haven't left canada in the last 5 years either.

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
HI Everyone. I see very few messages on the forum now I think most of the applicants from April 2022 have reached their final step.
But to my friends who are still stuck with LPP from Montreal office, I am also on the same boat:
I was asked for Fingerprints so I think my case is non-routine like others mentioned in the forum.
My timeline is:

Citizenship test invite: Nov 7, 2022 [Montreal office sent the test invite while BG was in-progress)
Fingerprint Request: January 6, 2023; [This fingerprint request was no where in the tracking portal]
No update since then

If there is anyone in the group who gave Fingerprints and still waiting for LPP please reply to this thread.

Some interesting things:
i) Upon contacting IRCC call center: after several atttemps I could only find rude agents who are least bothered to answer. No concern No empathy at all. Even after requesting the call center agent to provide more info the agents are just stuck with the script of "current processing time is 22 months".

*When I contacted them after some time in April 2022, the call center agent informed me that my application is currently under security check. I asked the agent that my Tracking portal shows BG is complete then he did not say. He just said no point of calling them as the info that I see in the portal is same for them. My concern is the BG shows complete in tracking portal but call center agent says security is still in progress. I don't understand what kind of security check is this if BG is complete.

I submitted a webform requesting for info - no response. I tried reaching out to MP in my area. The MP office was NOT helpful at all in Montreal. Even before contacting iRCC the MP office staff rejected my request stating "your timeline is completely normal 14 months is nothing to worry about". Generally, people have to wait for 2-3 years but you are lucky that the current processing time is 21 months currently so you can contact us after 21 months" if I don't see any progress.

People from 2023 got citizenship. I don't know what to say. I did not Travel for the last 5 years. Checking my background should not be difficult when I did not even leave for 1 day outside of Canada.

I contacted some people who gave fingerprints along with me in January in Montreal and their BG, LPP got completed during that mass update on Mar2 and Mar7.

Are there any finger print requests non-routine friends here in this group from Montreal stuck at LPP?

I am tired of checking the tracker everyday in hopes but as I have been 5 years straight without any travel absorbed lot of stress and complete demotivated nofaith with regards to the IRCC process.

They have no transparency, no empathy, no accountability, no human sentiments/emotions to keep people in limbo. Playing with their feelings and emotions. I hope the officer assigned to LPP stuck friends in the group are not assigned to an office who is inactive like some PR report investigation in Montreal.

If I leave Montreal and move to Toronto/Ottawa/Vancouver/Regina will there be any help to my application. Considering my residential address change? New city new hope?

It was a long post friends but please share your thoughts and kindly reply to this thread.
There are still quite a few people in a similar situation... I think all we can do is wait. Hopefully in a few months we'll all have our citizenship and be done with IRCC.

Maxluis15

May 14, 2023
My timeline is:

No update since then

Some interesting things:

Same here, Montreal office. My test got completed on Nov

Reactions: ppcg2510

aayushtiwary

May 9, 2022
Hi Aayush

What is your processing location.
Mine is mississauga and same date but I have not received the email . I checked the spam.
Hi,

I assume my processing location was Scarborough, since I got my test invite from SCR email ID.
However, my Notice to Appear in Citizenship Ceremony came from Mississauga email ID.

If you still haven't gotten your email invite, please, Call them now
Save 1-888-242-2100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2,1,,1,4,,1,1 in your phone contacts and dial. Save it exactly as shown (the first long one is 17 commas)

This will save you the trouble of listening to the IVR and land you with an agent, if available. Keep trying until you get in the line to talk to one.

All the best.

Ben789z

May 27, 2023
Hello everyone. I got a ghost updated today. Did anyone receive ghost update today? Not sure if it is system related or can I be hopeful?

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
I submitted the request for notes today. Naively hoping it'll push progress... no update since BG and test complete in November. So frustrating watching 2023 applicants complete their process...