+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Finally, some UPDATES and progress on my file!

March 7, 2023:
Got an email from the Scarborough office requesting all pages (color PDFs) of my passport and Entry/Exit report from the US I-94 official website*

Sent all of the above requirements on same day (within 4 hours of them requesting it).

March 8, 2023:
Got an email from the officer at around 8 am, acknowledging receipt of all documents.

March 9, 2023:
Got an UPDATE on the TRACKER saying "we sent you a letter requesting additional documents ............." [reflected on tracker as being sent on March 7th]

March 10, 2023:
UPDATE on TRACKER -
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: COMPLETED
Citizenship Ceremony: NOT STARTED

* I somewhat expected that this might happen, because I had very extensive travel to the US (about 40 times) after I had moved to Canada.
Congrats and would you mind sharing from which email address they sent you the email?

Thanks

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Congrats and would you mind sharing from which email address they sent you the email?

Thanks
Thanks!
The email came from a particular officer (i.e. her personal email at the office, not a general email). I don't think I'm allowed to post that info on the public forum.

It would not be useful to anyone else, anyways, because she specifically said that she was "assigned to handling my particular file", and she needed to address some issues on it.

If I recall correctly, the letter also said something to the effect, that the correspondence was confidential.

Reactions: koiwa528

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Thanks!
The email came from a particular officer (i.e. her personal email at the office, not a general email). I don't think I'm allowed to post that info on the public forum.

It would not be useful to anyone else, anyways, because she specifically said that she was "assigned to handling my particular file", and she needed to address some issues on it.

If I recall correctly, the letter also said something to the effect, that the correspondence was confidential.
Thanks for your clarification and that's enough!

BTW, do you have any idea when your case was assigned to this officer for reviewing the LPP?

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Thanks for your clarification and that's enough!

BTW, do you have any idea when your case was assigned to this officer for reviewing the LPP?
I don't know exactly when the file was assigned to this officer, but the letter was dated March 7th and it also came into my email inbox around 11 am the same day.

The officer introduced herself, and said she was currently "reviewing my file" and needed to "address those issues before proceeding further".

If I had to take a guess from the wording of the letter, I would say she either got the file the same day or maybe a day or so before she sent me that email.

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I don't know exactly when the file was assigned to this officer, but the letter was dated March 7th and it also came into my email inbox around 11 am the same day.

The officer introduced herself, and said she was currently "reviewing my file" and needed to "address those issues before proceeding further".

If I had to take a guess from the wording of the letter, I would say she either got the file the same day or maybe a day or so before she sent me that email.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I would assume your case had been assigned to this officer before but she hadn't opened up your file until recently.

One good thing to know is that if an officer has started to review a case, it shouldn't takr long time for them to finish it.

Wish I could hear sth from them soon

Reactions: 747-captain

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Thanks for sharing your experience. I would assume your case had been assigned to this officer before but she hadn't opened up your file until recently.

One good thing to know is that if an officer has started to review a case, it shouldn't takr long time for them to finish it.

Wish I could hear sth from them soon
Yes, I believe you’re exactly right. I had actually posted about this a few days back on how I believe the process works (my educated guess, of course).

Cases are assigned to officers and they then move “in parallel”. I’m pretty sure my case was assigned to this officer and was “in line”, but it had not got to her desk. She most likely started working on my file that morning.

And you’re also spot on, that once they start on the file it moves VERY quickly. I was worried when she sent me that letter, that my file would be “stuck” forever. I was given 30 days to respond to their request.

She ”cleared” my file the very next day (according to the tracker) after I sent her all the requested items.

If there were no issues, I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes less than a couple HOURS to clear each file!

I’m pretty sure your turn will come very soon! Good luck!

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Hey guys, is there anyone out there who's still stuck on March 3rd ghost update and hasn't completed LPP yet? I'm starting to get worried.
Yep...no real update since test showing completed on Nov 30... I think we're just in the waiting pile.

Ohkanata

Mar 11, 2023
Toronto
Hi everyone - first post on here. Wanted to share my timeline since this forum has been helpful in keeping track of general progress.
Here’s my timeline:

Application Type : Online, Single Applicant

Application Filed : April, 13, 2022

AOR : April 28, 2022

Request for PCC from the US: April 28,2022

PCC sent through webform: May 13, 2022

Background verification : Nov 2, 2022

Citizenship test Invite : Nov 25, 2022 ( Taken outside Canada)

Test marked as complete: Nov 28, 2022

IRCC call: file moved from Scarborough to Mississauga

Status updated: Language skills : Mar 01, 2023

Status updated: Prohibitions: Mar 01, 2023

Status updated: Physical presence : Mar 01, 2023

Ciizenship ceremony : in Progress on Mar 9th scheduled for in person on March 21st

Couple things I wanted to mention

a) received a call from an officer (No caller ID- I was a little suspicious but she just asked me to confirm my last name) on Feb 28th to confirm that I have the US PCC on file - what’s strange is that IRCC has had the file for almost a year but the officer said she wanted to confirm I had sent it. Once I told her I had sent it through webform she said “oh here it is”. LPP marked as complete the very next day.

B) For oath - received a call a couple days ago from a scheduling person asking if I’ll be able to attend a “special ceremony” at the UTM campus on the 21st. Apparently this ceremony is in collaboration with ministry of education and is limited to 40 people vs the regular 100-150 for ircc office ceremonies.

Overall I’m grateful that the process was pretty quick - wishing everyone that’s waiting the best and a quick resolution.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016

My stats:

Type: Online, single
Physical Presence: 1135
Submitted on: April 26, 2022
AOR: May 06, 2022
Ghost update: Nov 05, 2022
Tracker updated for test invite: Nov 26, 2022
Test window: Dec 02, 2022 - Dec22, 2022
Background verification: "completed" (Nov 26)
Test taken on: Dec 04, 2022
Test marked complete: Dec 07, 2022
Ghost updates: Dec 16, 2022 and March 02, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: "Not started"
Everything else: "In progress" (citizenship test was updated to "In progress" on Nov 26)

Interestingly, the APPLICATION HISTORY section shows that Background verification was updated to "completed" on Nov 7, 2022 , and Citizenship test was updated to "In progress" on Nov 24, 2022. Yet, these appeared on the tracker only on November 26th!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2023:
Got an email from the Scarborough office requesting all pages (color PDFs) of my passport and Entry/Exit report from the US I-94 official website*

Sent all of the above requirements on same day (within 4 hours of them requesting it).

March 8, 2023:
Got an email from the officer at around 8 am, acknowledging receipt of all documents.

March 9, 2023:
Got an UPDATE on the TRACKER saying "we sent you a letter requesting additional documents ............." [reflected on tracker as being sent on March 7th]

March 10, 2023:
UPDATE on TRACKER -
[reflected on tracker as being done on Mar 8, 2023]

* I somewhat expected that this might happen, because I had very extensive travel to the US (about 40 times) after I had moved to Canada.
And finally, it has all come to an end......

March 11, 2023:
UPDATE on TRACKER -
Citizenship Ceremony: In progress (Scheduled for Citizenship oath on April 24th, 2023)
[reflected on tracker as being done on Mar 9, 2023]

Needless to say, I'm greatly relieved, and pleased to be finally done with this process! To those still waiting, keep the faith and rest assured that your turn will come very soon! I wish everyone the very best and pray that you guys get good news very shortly!

Last edited:

rkuma145

Mar 22, 2017
Hi Everyone - I had my oath scheduled for 17th March (on portal, no email received) however it has now been rescheduled to 05th April (on portal, no email received). Is it normal for IRCC to reschedule oaths like that? I am ok with April 05th as its not very far but I am worried if they reschedule again. My processing office is Scarborough.

Thank you in advance for your inputs!

Reactions: 747-captain

nwusr22

Nov 8, 2022

March 7, 2023:

March 8, 2023:

March 9, 2023:

March 10, 2023:
UPDATE on TRACKER -
[reflected on tracker as being done on Mar 8, 2023]

Could you share whether you are a green card holder in the US? Also, what link did you use to retrieve the entry/exit records from the US?

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Could you share whether you are a green card holder in the US? Also, what link did you use to retrieve the entry/exit records from the US?
I am not a green card holder. I used the website mentioned above by zagcollins, and generated a PDF report. The officer accepted that report without any problem.

You need to go to the “view travel history” section and input your personal details there.