+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

2016panic

Mar 9, 2016
Just wanted to find out if anyone has a factual answer as to how soon one can reapply after they realized there was an error with physical days that haven’t been met and want to reapply. Do you wait for confirmation after sending the withdrawal form to the local office? Or can you reapply right away. I applied in April 2022. And only after this long, an officer said I am not eligible because of that that error :(
Thanking you all in advance

Reactions: 747-captain

Leo4

Feb 24, 2023
Hello folks,
I got an Interview invitation with an immigration officer on March 21st, update today and I have no idea what’s the questions and how long is going to take to get the Oath after the interview..
If you guys have an idea I will appreciate your help.

“Vancouver Office”
thanks.

romsper

Feb 22, 2023
My timeline:
Office: Montreal
Application: Online - April 28
AOR: - May 5
Citizenship test: In Progress - Nov 30
Background verification: Completed - Dec 5
Citizenship test: Completed -Dec 22
LPP: Completed - Jan 5
Ceremony: Mar 14 23
Last update: Feb 23
Congratulations!
I have a quite similar timeline in Montreal but I'm still waiting for the Ceremony invitation :(

Reactions: ppcg2510

pv=nrt

Jun 23, 2019
Hello folks,
I got an Interview invitation with an immigration officer on March 21st, update today and I have no idea what’s the questions and how long is going to take to get the Oath after the interview..
If you guys have an idea I will appreciate your help.

“Vancouver Office”
thanks.
Did you get an email or update on tracker or both?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Just wanted to find out if anyone has a factual answer as to how soon one can reapply after they realized there was an error with physical days that haven’t been met and want to reapply. Do you wait for confirmation after sending the withdrawal form to the local office? Or can you reapply right away. I applied in April 2022. And only after this long, an officer said I am not eligible because of that that error :(
You can apply as soon as you get the withdrawal confirmation. What steps did you complete before you were told that you did not meet up with the required days?

golden_leaf123

May 31, 2016
My timeline:
Office: Montreal
Application: Online - April 28
AOR: - May 5
Citizenship test: In Progress - Nov 30
Background verification: Completed - Dec 5
Citizenship test: Completed -Dec 22
LPP: Completed - Jan 5
Ceremony: Mar 14 23
Last update: Feb 23
Hi! When did you give your test?

rvnyk

Feb 7, 2023
Got my oath ceremony date today, only in status tracker not email.
timeline:
Office: Hamilton
Application: Online - April 19
AOR: - Apr 28
Background verification: Completed - Jun 20
Citizenship test: In Progress - June 27
Citizenship test: Completed -July 21
LPP: Completed - Jan 10
Ceremony: Mar 21
Last update: Feb 25

Does anyone know for virtual ceremonies how long it takes to receive the certificate ?

nikkicause

Nov 29, 2022
So sorry to hear this. How many days are you short by? Such a shame that they need you to reapply.