+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 OUtLand Spouse Sponsorship

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
NDVO usually takes about 2 to 3 weeks for passport stamping. Once the passport is stamped, you will get a 'counterfoil generated' update in your gckey account and status of application will become 'Approved'.
Can you please confirm if counterfoil is generated after passport is stamped or before stamping? I can see in the GC Key account, the application is approved and see counterfoil number.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can you please confirm if counterfoil is generated after passport is stamped or before stamping? I can see in the GC Key account, the application is approved and see counterfoil number.
The counterfoil is the thing actually placed in the passport, it's the same thing as the passport stamping.

navjjj1

Apr 13, 2021
We received our PPR today Nov 25th.
Funny enough online it still says Processing, no DM etc. I guess you can get your PPR request prior to their online update. So don't worry if you have not gotten DM online, it just means they haven't updated your info on their server but the process is still going.

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Funny enough online it still says Processing, no DM etc. I guess you can get your PPR request prior to their online update. So don't worry if you have not gotten DM online, it just means they haven't updated your info on their server but the process is still going.
That's great news, congratulations! When did you guys receive your pre arrival services letter?

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Congratulations :)

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Application received: May 4th
Aor: 16th June
Biometrics request: 17th june
Medical done: June 23rd
Medical passed: June 26th
In processing 2: June 29th
NDVO
Pre arrival: 27th November

Reactions: karthikm

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Application received: May 4th
Aor: 16th June
Biometrics request: 17th june
Medical done: June 23rd
Medical passed: June 26th
In processing 2: June 29th
NDVO
Pre arrival: 27th November
Congrats. Seems like NDVO is currently processing applications April/May. Prior to the festive celebrations, the trend was to see DM and PPR within 2-3 days of receiving the pre arrival. However, it now has changed and there is no definite pattern. Lets hope that we all get the update soon. :)

Reactions: Angel1113

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Congrats. Seems like NDVO is currently processing applications April/May. Prior to the festive celebrations, the trend was to see DM and PPR within 2-3 days of receiving the pre arrival. However, it now has changed and there is no definite pattern. Lets hope that we all get the update soon. :)
It's easy to over-interpret esp / incl reports from NDVO because there are so many (biggest source country for Canada by far). For every 'batch' there are some that get processed earlier (simpler files) and some later, more complex. They're not just working on april/may - april/may files start to get opened and some are simple and get approval quickly.

Also for the pre-arrival to PPR stages - NDVO has more obvious seasonality than most other offices (not just because of holidays), probably because of student visa timing as well.

The PPR/counterfoil operation in NDVO is probably several times over the next-largest and way, way bigger than most. Just from PR visas it's probably close to 10,000 a month - and in regular TRVs and student permits, it's enormous. And we know the student permit timing is concentrated toward end of summer and end of calendar year (in terms of expected departures, the counterfoil printing needs to be somewhat in advance of that).

Of course they're scheduling and putting some types of requests in holding periods to be able to process - just even the physical handling of that many files. And pulling staff from one type of file/decision making to others when there are seasonal demands.

Not worth reading too much into some of these changes - the patterns are probably not specific to individual files, just other stuff going on.

Reactions: noelt1991

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
It's easy to over-interpret esp / incl reports from NDVO because there are so many (biggest source country for Canada by far). For every 'batch' there are some that get processed earlier (simpler files) and some later, more complex. They're not just working on april/may - april/may files start to get opened and some are simple and get approval quickly.

Also for the pre-arrival to PPR stages - NDVO has more obvious seasonality than most other offices (not just because of holidays), probably because of student visa timing as well.

The PPR/counterfoil operation in NDVO is probably several times over the next-largest and way, way bigger than most. Just from PR visas it's probably close to 10,000 a month - and in regular TRVs and student permits, it's enormous. And we know the student permit timing is concentrated toward end of summer and end of calendar year (in terms of expected departures, the counterfoil printing needs to be somewhat in advance of that).

Of course they're scheduling and putting some types of requests in holding periods to be able to process - just even the physical handling of that many files. And pulling staff from one type of file/decision making to others when there are seasonal demands.

Not worth reading too much into some of these changes - the patterns are probably not specific to individual files, just other stuff going on.
Thanks for the detailed insight. Great to know that. :)

navjjj1

Apr 13, 2021
That's great news, congratulations! When did you guys receive your pre arrival services letter?
Thank you.
We got our Pre-arrival letter Nov 3rd.

Also my wife who is the principal applicant got the PPR this week in her email, I did not get anything nor the online portal is updated yet. So there is no pattern other then the application is on-going regardless if you see update or not. The only update prior to PPR was the pre-arrival letter, and before that on the portal it was medical exam passed.

Jola-25

Oct 28, 2021
How are you doing? I sent my passport directly to Accra

Passport dropped at DHL - 11th November
Passport arrived at CVAC, Accra - 15th November
Counterfoil - 18th November
Passport couriered back - 19th November
Passport and COPR received - 23rd November

The total time line is around 2 weeks

Congratulations. Your bags must be packed by now. Safe travels.

Reactions: Naebae

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Thank you.
We got our Pre-arrival letter Nov 3rd.

Also my wife who is the principal applicant got the PPR this week in her email, I did not get anything nor the online portal is updated yet. So there is no pattern other then the application is on-going regardless if you see update or not. The only update prior to PPR was the pre-arrival letter, and before that on the portal it was medical exam passed.
PPR mail comes to PA's e-mail most likely. Also, you wont see any update in your GC key account until counterfoil has been generated once your passport reaches the visa office.

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
Hi all

We received the PPR today.
DM Nov 16, 2021
PPR Nov 19, 2021

I wish all the best to you all,

also a question- they ask for the height and eye color. Where do we have to mention it? Is there a separate form?
Hi bro, have you got where we mentioned the eye colors in the submitted forms? Which one?